We'd never stayed in a Country Inn/Suites, though have seen them in numerous places. We wanted to be centrally located to various responsibilities we would have in our 5 days in Tucson and this looked like the place. We were surprised to get an upgrade to a suite (possibly because of our prepaid 5 days, perhaps because I looked like I really needed it when checking in), and the room was welcoming and pleasant beyond our expectations.
We did have some issues: the card by the bed says that by hanging your towels on the rod, they will not be replaced daily. We did, at least over the shower rod (hanging on the towel rod would have had them dangling in the toilet space) and they were daily replaced. So much for environmental friendliness. I opened the face soap bar and put it in the soap dish the first evening, it was taken up the next day and not replaced. Our plastic glasses were not replaced for a couple days. I personally do not appreciate a signed card telling me who cleans the room, particularly when the handwriting is illegible, but moreso when the card/name change three times in 4 days. I think I understand that palm trees need watering/irrigation, but not sure a grass lawn is necessary in Tucson, and more to the point, the spray for which overruns the sidewalk directly alongside the handicap spaces, drenching the mobility-impaired customers. The right side of the hot-food server in the breakfast room was never warm, nor were the eggs or french toast in it.
But staff was very obliging, even to replenishing the paper in the printer in the lobby, and there was no charge for printing boarding passes there, unlike other places charging $5 for same. The wifi was free and fast. The rooms were comfortable, I could have used somewhat more lighing in the front (desk, tv, sofa, easy chair) room... is that a living room? but elsewhere lighting was quite adequate. The toiletries were fine. The fridge and microwave worked well. The airplane traffic was inaudible although we were on the airport side, except for the Air Nat'l Guard fighters, which should remind us to be thankful for national security anyway. I was unclear about whether there were smoking rooms, the room next to ours had the no-smoking decal removed, but we never noticed any smell of smoking, although the fellows moving into it our last night were loudly shouting to others of their group some distance away that theirs was a smoking room while the others' weren't. The complimentary chocolate cookies and the cucumber-flavored icewater were a treat that paled after the first day, the complimentary newspaper continued to be a treat, though I wonder if it would be possible to carry the local paper as well as USAToday.
All in all, rather fine, considering the price and location, and we'd certainly stay at this Country Inn again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our convenient hotel near Tucson International Airport with its prime location near numerous local attractions, this is the perfect choice for business and leisure travelers alike. We are ideally situated near the University of Arizona just a short drive from downtown Tucson. Rates include a full hot breakfast buffet, free TUS Airport shuttle service, complimentary high-speed wireless internet access, an outdoor pool and spa,a business and fitness center, a Read It and Return library, and freshly baked cookies and coffee all day long. Our convenient location combined with our warm hospitality and inviting atmosphere make us the perfect place to stay in Tucson. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Carlson, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tucson Airport Hotel Tucson
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Tucson Airport
- Tucson Country Inn