“Not too bad.” 3 of 5 stars

Comfort Inn Tucson
Ranked #74 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
“Not too bad.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here during a business trip and this is better than other Comfort Inns I have stayed at. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, the A/C unit effective and quiet, and housekeeping was very thorough. The fitness center wasn't all that impressive but at least the treadmill worked - mostly. Breakfast wasn't too bad but it was adequate. The front desk staff was the shining star as everyone I talked to was cheerful and willing to help.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ed L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Edwardsville, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My only complaint - the pool. Our family spent the weekend in Tucson to escape the midwest cold and enjoy sun while visiting relatives. I took special care in booking a hotel with a pool and hot tub, thinking we could soak up some sun and maybe even have our relatives visit us at our hotel for a few hours. The pool was very small and had to be accessed around the side of the building through a gate. The water was cold as ice so we would not be able to get in at all, nor was there any appealing area around the pool to relax and enjoy the sun. The hot tub appeared to work but looked dirty and very run-down.
Now the good. The rooms were very nice and clean. The continental breakfast was amazing and the choices were much more than we have ever had in a free breakfast experience ever. Actually, if we were not such a sun-loving family, this breakfast may have made up for the lack of pool.
Overall, this hotel wasn't bad. I just don't understand why they would not capitalize on the wonderful sun and weather in Tucson to expand on a pool and touting that experience for Customers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy L
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

This is an Average room it is Comfortable, Clean, Quite and Fair price $$. Very Economical.
Me and my family were passing thru needed a place rest up, I was very happy to hear they offer continental breakfast, I would stay here again. No traffic or busy intersections in this area.

Stayed March 2014
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed here 3 nights, not during any special events, so the hotel was relatively empty, and consequently very quiet. The room was clean, the bed very comfortable, and there were lots of amenities I really didn't expect for the price.

For example, there was an iron with board, large minibar fridge (big enough to actually put things in, not one of those that fits 2 beers only), microwave, work desk, large flat screen TV, and free internet. The free breakfast had a decent variety of foods, from yogurt, pastry, and cereal, to eggs and sausages, to do-it-yourself waffles.

The location is good, close to the interstate highway, but far enough away to avoid its noise; close enough to downtown Tucson, and near shopping centers and restaurants.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Oakdale, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Beware... You might not get any sleep!!!

I recently checked into this hotel while attending the Tucson Mineral Show with a reasonable expectation of a decent nights sleep. I didnt get one. Instead I was kept awake until well after 2 AM because of a some extremely loud music from a nearby club or event. Even with earplugs and a pillow over my head the music was blasting!!!

I called the Tucson PD, and they could not help saying last call at the bars was at 2:00 AM. I also complained to the front desk having the clerk call the PD. He complied to no avail and explained that other guests were complaining. He also told me that the loud music had happened previously!!!.

Finally at about 2:15, the band called it a night, and I was then treated to the sounds of the couple upstairs engaging in some late night fun. Very thin walls.. I felt like I was there!! Yikes

Aside from being deprived of a decent nights sleep, I have two problems with this hotel.. First, they did not offer me any warning of the potential noise issue, and second, I have had no response to an my email and voice messages to the general manager. Shame on Comfort Inn, they will never get my business again

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank HotF209
Glenda M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Tucson, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I am sorry to hear the loud music kept you up, unfortunately this is a problem that the hotel can not control. As the front desk clerk noted the loud music has been a disturbance in the past and even the authorities can not do much for us since that venue is conducting its normal business. I do apologize for not notifying you of the concert going on this weekend, however, we do not have a calendar of their events and they are not required to provided that to us, therefore we did not know of this beforehand. I also apologize for failing to get back to you sooner, however, I had quite a few people to get back to in regards to the same complaint and those were all finished yesterday evening, so I am positive we have already spoken.

520-547-1755

Travelers are raving about these Tucson hotels

new mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Checked into the Comfort Inn after originally having reservations at the Clarion..Big Mistake to even think of Clarion.,
Rocco the night audit guy was great and very courteous and helpful..other members of the staff just didn't seem all that happy to be there but with the exception of Rocco and the other young man who worked the mid-shift.
Rooms were very roomy and very clean. Housekeeping did a great job maintaining the rooms.
BIG THANKS TO COMFORT INN TUCSON FOR HELPING US SAVE OUR TRIP FROM DISASTER.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank nihongo888
Glenda M, Manager at Comfort Inn Tucson, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your positive comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. Although I am sorry to hear that other members of the staff did not seem happy to be there. I will make sure we take immediate action so that all of our employees leave our guests with the same impression as Rocco and Nelsean did. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Recently spend two nights here recently while attending a festival. Very clean, very accommodating staff. Plenty of shops and eateries close by. Great value, though an underwhelming breakfast. Will absolutely stay here again next year!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your positive comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.