“Good Property”
Review of Comfort Inn Tucson

Comfort Inn Tucson
Ranked #73 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is just off the I-10 freeway with a Holiday Inn Express and Super 8 on each side. This was the original Holiday Inn Express before the new one was built. Checkin was good, room was real comfortable. Everything worked in the room, adequate lighting and plenty of electrical outlets. Nice selection of satellite tv stations. Breakfast was good with a hot assortment of eggs, sausage, bacon to go with the standard waffles, yogurt, and pastries. This is a great deal for under $75/night total. Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Glenda M, Manager at Comfort Inn Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your positive comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

In my business travel I recently discovered this Comfort Inn in Tucson. For Comfort Inn fans, this place lives up to the Comfort Inn standards. Looking forward to staying there again and again.

I saw a few negative reviews commenting on the pool and I cannot say anything about any hotel pools ever, since I never swim.

It is right next to Del Taco and "I Hop". Two convienence stores next door as well. One being "Quick Trip" which has any snack food and beer you want.

The rooms are clean, well maintained, have deluxe showers, and great beds to sleep like a baby.

It's a 1 minute drive from the freeway, which is great. However, the return to the freeway can be a little tricky, since you have to make a left hand turn on a busy street (Grant Road) that has very little traffic breaks. You will have to gun it on the accelerator.

Parking is plentiful and a very short walk to all entrances. I love that.

Area seems to be a very safe with little chance of anyone breaking into your car. I left my gps unit attached to my windshield overnight.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. I am happy to hear all the positive comments in your review as they will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Needed a place stay for a quick overnight. This hotel is situated among 4 other hotels, 3 of which were pricier. We paid $75 taxes inc. which I thought was decent. Good hot breakfast comparable to a Best Western Plus. Clean rooms. Very close to Del Taco & IHOP, ordering distance from several pizza places. Good location just off the I-10.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. It is always a pleasure to hear our guests enjoyed their stay.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The motel itself appears to look nice. The room was adequate and seemed to fairly clean. It was very hot when we arrived so I decided to go for a swim. Went to the pool and was very disappointed. The water was milky and smelled. There was trash and a beach towel laying on the bottom of the pool. Also appeared to be a lot of dirt at the bottom of the pool. I mentioned this to the person at the front desk and she could of cared less.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Glenda M, Manager at Comfort Inn Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations.
I apologize that you encountered our pool in those conditions, unfortunately Tucson is in the middle of monsoon season and that can have an impact on our pool with the recent high winds, dust and rain storms. This is in no way an excuse and we will continue to do our best to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We went to Tucson for a university graduation and stayed at the Comfort Inn. We were very pleased with the accomodations. We booked 2 rooms and asked that they be close if possible. They put us directly accross the hall from each other. The rooms are large, clean and nice. It was quiet and the beds were very comfortable. There was free WiFi and a flat screen TV, refrigerator and microwave. In the morning, a complimentary breakfast included a make-your-own-waffle area, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, yogurt, cereal, pastries, toast, bagels, muffins etcetera, and a nice selection of hot and cold beverages. It is located right off the I10 and was very easy to find. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. they had freshly baked cookies and fresh fruit in the lobby for anyone who needed a snack. All in all, a very pleasant stay at a very good price. We will definately stay with them again.

Room Tip: The third floor room 312 had a great little kitchen area in it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Peggy H
Glenda M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Peggy,

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Even though it is just off the freeway, it is quiet, Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, and other standard breakfast items. The room was very clean and roomy. I would stay here again, but at $80.00 it seemed a little pricey.

The only negative that I found was a $10.00 fee for incidentals that was not on my bill when I checked out. When I called, they said that the fee would be refunded to my credit card in 5 - 7 days. I wonder how many guests never think to their credit card statements for overcharges.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank retiree1986
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed 3 days for business. The rooms are spotless, well appointed and comfortable. The beds are like sleeping on a cloud. Staff is exeptional! Our work crew had to start early (5AM) the Breakfast Attendant went out of her way to make sure we had coffee and items available to
take with us.