“A Very Pleasant Surprise in the Desert!”

Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana
Ranked #61 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I've stayed in many motels over the years and this one stands well above the rest. This was among the cleanest, friendliest properties I've had the pleasure to stay in, well maintained and attractively landscaped. Management and staff were very accommodating and helpful, and the bed was absolutely fantastic! Simply the most comfortable night of sleep I can remember. Well done!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ch818

Reviewed September 4, 2010

We choose Red Roof most of times we travel to the states and never disappoint me. I se the reservations by the web and never has problems with it. There are always a place for us. Rooms are always clean and necesary stuff in place. Prices and rewards for frequents guest are followed all the time and personnel gives you the proper attention........The Red Roof personnel at Ina Road really follow the golden rule: give what the costumer is looking for. I recomend it to friends and family. Great staying by the value.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2010

We were driving back to Texas from Las Vegas and decided to stay in Tucson for the night. We called around and after reading the reviews on TA we decided to give this hotel a try. The final price after taxes was 55 dollars. The lobby smelled nice as did the hallways leading to the rooms. Our room had two full size beds and looked like a normal hotel room, pretty basic. The bathroom was a bit modern which was a nice touch. The hotel was a great value in an easy location, right off I-10. If I am ever passing through again I would no hesitate in stopping here.

We didn't have a pet but I like the fact that pets can stay there without an additional fee, real cool.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2010

A family emergency brought my mother and I to Tucson, AZ. We hadn't a clue where to stay and wanted somewhere close to our family's home. We were pleased that the building had interior corridors, a nice pool, and fresh coffee in the lobby every morning. There are many conveniences near by which made our extended stay much easier. The staff, especially the front desk were very friendly and accommodating. Our bathroom could have used a little help and the AC was extremely noisy. I'm sure if we had complained they would have moved us. We liked being on the first floor. The only thing we weren't thrilled about was the train traffic/noise. One cool thing is the big Harley Davidson store right next to the building! We saw some really cool bikers staying in the hotel over the weekend. The landscaping is very nice and well kept too.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Comfy bed, very clean room, nice refrig. & microwave. We had a south facing room which was extremely quiet but our friends were on the north side, and they heard trains and buses parking. But overall, very satisfactory at a really low price. Staff gave excellent restaurant recommendations. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 24, 2010

The rooms were clean and the front desk person was most helpful and friendly. The trains going by on the otherside of the Interstate can be a little disturbing, but overall a fair value for an overnight stay. Free Wi-Fi, too!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We had to attend a wedding in Tucson, we reserved 2 rooms ahead of time for a family member and my wife and I for the other room. CHeck in time is at 1pm, we arrived at 3:30 pm. One of the rooms was ready and the other was not. The attitude and total lack of concern was a shock to me. I was told the maid will get to it next and that I have to understand that they are busy. I asked how long do you need? The reply was lioke I asked them for their first born... I was told again with attitude "Next" is that next 30 minutes or 2 hours? Seriously! And no i do not have to understand anything- other than I made a reservation and we were not early and not expecting anything outside of what the reservation, in wirting stated... This availed me nothing... The room was ready in 35 minutes, right across from the Ice machine on the First floor. This room does not have a table in it either. One more wrong doing on the part of this very poor staff- they took my money prior to telling me that my room is not ready. Really? There are several horels in the same block I would rather stay at. I saw other couples later that day attempting to check in and decided to leave and stay elswhere. I wish I could have but I was not traveling alone.
The beds are springy and squeaky, the area/location is very bad. The train tracks nearby added to the already "lovely" time we were having with this hotel/motel experience.
Please try the Comfort Inn adjacent to this place or even the Motel 6 across the street.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. All comments are shared with the staff so we can continue to improve our services. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dan & Team