“A decient place to stay”

Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana
Ranked #56 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Saint Louis, Missouri
“A decient place to stay”
Reviewed June 18, 2010

A family emergency brought my mother and I to Tucson, AZ. We hadn't a clue where to stay and wanted somewhere close to our family's home. We were pleased that the building had interior corridors, a nice pool, and fresh coffee in the lobby every morning. There are many conveniences near by which made our extended stay much easier. The staff, especially the front desk were very friendly and accommodating. Our bathroom could have used a little help and the AC was extremely noisy. I'm sure if we had complained they would have moved us. We liked being on the first floor. The only thing we weren't thrilled about was the train traffic/noise. One cool thing is the big Harley Davidson store right next to the building! We saw some really cool bikers staying in the hotel over the weekend. The landscaping is very nice and well kept too.

• Stayed May 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Comfy bed, very clean room, nice refrig. & microwave. We had a south facing room which was extremely quiet but our friends were on the north side, and they heard trains and buses parking. But overall, very satisfactory at a really low price. Staff gave excellent restaurant recommendations. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Pelham, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 24, 2010

The rooms were clean and the front desk person was most helpful and friendly. The trains going by on the otherside of the Interstate can be a little disturbing, but overall a fair value for an overnight stay. Free Wi-Fi, too!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We had to attend a wedding in Tucson, we reserved 2 rooms ahead of time for a family member and my wife and I for the other room. CHeck in time is at 1pm, we arrived at 3:30 pm. One of the rooms was ready and the other was not. The attitude and total lack of concern was a shock to me. I was told the maid will get to it next and that I have to understand that they are busy. I asked how long do you need? The reply was lioke I asked them for their first born... I was told again with attitude "Next" is that next 30 minutes or 2 hours? Seriously! And no i do not have to understand anything- other than I made a reservation and we were not early and not expecting anything outside of what the reservation, in wirting stated... This availed me nothing... The room was ready in 35 minutes, right across from the Ice machine on the First floor. This room does not have a table in it either. One more wrong doing on the part of this very poor staff- they took my money prior to telling me that my room is not ready. Really? There are several horels in the same block I would rather stay at. I saw other couples later that day attempting to check in and decided to leave and stay elswhere. I wish I could have but I was not traveling alone.
The beds are springy and squeaky, the area/location is very bad. The train tracks nearby added to the already "lovely" time we were having with this hotel/motel experience.
Please try the Comfort Inn adjacent to this place or even the Motel 6 across the street.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, December 1, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. All comments are shared with the staff so we can continue to improve our services. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dan & Team
i0244@redroof.com
California
Reviewed March 18, 2010

When we needed extra towel without having our whole room cleaned, a little care package was left outside our room. When I needed an iron and a blowdryer, they were provided. Having a clean room to stay in while travelling is so nice, thanks Red Roof North.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
Reviewed February 19, 2010

I was impressed, great staff, clean rooms, great value. The $8 for wi-fi is a little steep and a train is nearby though. But I would certainly stay again

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I was in town with my spouse for 2009 Fiesta Bowl Ohio State Buckeyes vs Texas Longhorns. We lost the game, but my wife and enjoyed our stay at the hotel (We were without the kids). They did overcharge me and after contacting them several times, I received a refund. In order to use the internet, you have to purchase a card from the front desk. My room came with internet and that was one of the reasons they overcharged me. The hotel was clean enough and had been remodeled. The pool outside looked okay, but we did not use it. I would stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple

Dan & Team
i0244@redroof.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucson
Red Lion Inn & Suites Tucson North Foothills
Best Western Gold Poppy Inn
Baymont Inn & Suites Tucson Airport
Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites
Days Inn & Suites Tucson/Marana

Been to Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana? Share your experiences!