“I would have rather slept in my car on the side of the road.”

Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana
Ranked #52 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
“I would have rather slept in my car on the side of the road.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The room was not worth the $47.00 we paid. Which is pretty pathetic considering that's a cheap room. I will never stay at a red roof in again. I would rather pull on the side of the road and sleep in my car. This room was dirty. The toilet was rusted. The shower pressure in the bathroom was way to strong. The bathroom door was ducktaped. The shower curtain was not large enough for the bathtub so water was pouring out. The towels were more hand towels than body towels. This was the worse room I have ever stayed in and we were only there for a few hours on our road trip. I will never stay at any of the franchise again.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank 80COCA94
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
We are very sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. We only wish we would have been aware of any issues so we would be able to resolve them for you. We don't expect you to pay for your room if we are unable to resolve any issues during your stay. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you when in the future.

Dan & Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Without being exceptional, we thought this place did everything reasonably well. Location, car park, receptionists, room, breakfast - it was all as good as we could have expected for the price. The air-conditioning coped fine with the 107 degrees sunshine outside. Although the hotel is close to main roads, we didn't experience any traffic noise.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate the positive feedback and will share the review with all of our staff. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Queen Creek, Arizona
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Got through Tuscon traffic and arrived to a very nice room without a prior reservation (very big hotel and plenty of rooms) showed my Red Roof Card and all set got a great room and a comfy king bed - clean room with updated bath - great value - I now search Red Roof first for all my travel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review of our Inn! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our property to be a great value. We look forward to your return in the near future!

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We visited for my Son's COTA graduation with our granddaughters ages 3 and 4 yrs old.
After returning from the graduation ceremony at approx 3:30pm. Our room had not been serviced by housekeeping. I went to inquire at the front desk and was told they were short staffed. I told them that was unsatisfactory, they offered us another room, but had to move by ourselves.
When put in the new room the toilet backed up and there was no shower pressure. I was given a plunger and told to take care of the issues. Not the way I wanted to spend my weekend at a hotel I had paid money for to stay with two young children. I spoke with management and was told there was nothing more they could do.
I will not stay at anymore Red Roof Inns and will let others know of my less than satisfactory experience.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank chicagohood66
We are very sorry you experienced several problems during your stay with us. Please send me details of your stay and we would be happy to make this right for you!

i0244@redroof.com
Fort Worth
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The room was very clean and comfortable. It was not a huge room and did not have a bible or writing paper but the staffs great customer service and the cleanliness more than made up for that. The flat screen TV was also a good thing because it took up little space. There were only about 6 or 7 channels to watch on the TV but that was OK as I only needed a clean bed to sleep in. Overall the hotel is a great deal and the room was very clean and every vending machine and ice machine worked well. The desk clerks and staff went out of their way to help everyone I saw while I was there and the coffee in the lobby was always hot. The area around the hotel was quiet and seemed like a safe area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of our property! We hope you choose to visit us again the next time your travels bring you to the Tucson area!

(520) 744-8199
Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

When we booked the hotel, we were looking for a simple hotel where we could simply rest our heads for the night.

When my boyfriend and I had called, we were informed the hotel had been recently renovated.Judging from the pictures, we thought it looked very nice for staying overnight, we weren't asking for much. Whether or not it being a renovated hotel was actually true, there was no way to tell. The room looked very outdated compared to the pictures.

Some of the unappealing traits I found in the room was that our pillow cases had make-up stains, the comforter was in poor shape with holes in it, the hotel room had a strange odor, most of the black appliances had hand streaks all over them, and there were some red liquid stains that ran down the bathroom door.

For what we did like though:
We noticed the grounds were very well lit, they had security walking the halls which made us feel more comfortable and the service was very friendly! It was an easy check in and check out.

If they put just a bit more effort into the cleanliness of their rooms, I believe their customers would have a more pleasant stay. Until then, I am sad to say, I will not be returning. Good luck in your search!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback of our Inn. We appreciate hearing your comments which will help us to continue to improve our service and standards at our Inn. We look forward to your return in the near future!

I0244@redroof.com
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The photos of the hotel on their website are accurate. The hotel was very clean. The staff was very hospitable, friendly and ready to serve our needs. The rooms are very comfortable and reasonably prices. I will stay here again and will even try other Red Roof Inns based on this first experience. The only reason I did not give a five star is that their free Wi-Fi was slow. If they speed that up, it's a five star.

Room Tip: If you do not run the fan, AC, Heat while sleeping, you may want a room not facing the freeway.