New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana

Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana
Ranked #43 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
San Jose, CA
“Great Service, clean room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I had driven all night from San Jose, California, 883 miles in 18 hours. I was exhausted and had lost the A/C adapter to my cell phone, so I couldn't charge my dead phone. Knowing that I had to have my phone to use the GPS for the rest of my trip to Texas, another 913 miles, I was planning on buying a new adapter. Hearing my plight, Mandy said she might have an adapter that would fit my phone. She checked me in and gave me a cart to bring in my luggage and my dog, while she looked for the adapter. Before I was done unpacking she gave me an A/C adapter that worked with my phone for free!! I was so grateful that I didn't have to run around Tucson trying to find this adapter!! I was able to got eat and sleep early w/o worrying. The room was clean and quiet, just what I needed to recooperate from a long journey across the desert!That is going the extra mile to be helpful. Thanks again Mandy!!

Room Tip: Dogs stay free!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank rjgypsy
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We love to hear how our guest service representatives go above and beyond to assist guests. Mandy will be pleased to hear she was named in a review! Thank you again and please stop in next time your travels bring you to our area.

(520) 744-8199

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Deming, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

The front desk employee seemed to try hard, Sorry I did not catch her name, but I was fried from the heat. (they also need to get their A/C working in that lobby). I had stayed at the Red Roof in Phoenix and was very impressed, had hopes that this motel would be the same. I had made a reservation for an upgraded room with micro and frig. When I got to the room with my luggage there was neither frig nor micro. I advised the clerk, she offered to move me or give a discount, being to hot and sticky I opted for the discount, however on check out the discount was not applied. The AM clerk on 7/7/2013 did issue another receipt with a credit. I have animal allergies so I did take an antihistamine as I could smell animal odors, however not overwhelming. I am rather neutral about this hotel, the price is very reasonable for just a quick stay. There are a couple of fast food places down the street, and a bunch of places a mile west off the freeway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our Inn! We are very sorry to hear your stay was not as expected. Please forward stay details and I will look into your situation and make it right. With your feedback, we can continue to improve our services. Thanks again and we look forward to your return in the near future.

I0244@redroof.com
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is a very clean hotel and the price was just perfect.The at the front desk was very welcoming and helpful. She checked us in quickly, explained the area and helped to order us a taxi. The hotel is kept in very nice clean condition. I will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JoeTheHulk
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you very much for the review of our Inn. We are glad you found are property to be in a nice clean condition. Thea will be thrilled to hear she was mentioned in another review for being nice and helpfull. Thanks again and please stop in next time your travels bring you to the Marana, az area!

Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Once again I stayed at the Res Roof inn. Quality and customer service are outstanding. Thea was very helpful and accommodating to meet mine and my companies needs. Very pleasant and easy to deal with. A+ for overall experience

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Robert S
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you very much for the kind review of our Inn. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your return!

(520) 744-8199
Wheeling, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed here because we were in town for a wedding. There is not a breakfast on site, but there is a Denny's within walking distance. Some of the rooms have microwaves and mini refrigerators, but ours, with 2 double beds, did not.

Front desk staff ranged from extremely polite and helpful to barely recognizing our existence when we approached.
It is in a nice part of town and they do have a (small) pool. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for the kind review of our Inn. We look forward to your return in the near future!

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Catherine or Katherine the front desk clerk was extremely rude and unprofessional upon check in. Proceeded to room and there was white stuff like flour spilled or sprinkled in a couple of places on the floor. In addition the ac unit was cooling at all. Called down to Catherine and she said there was nothing she could do; are you kidding me. I'm a RediCard member and stay at RRI across the country 50 weeks out of the year in my travels as an expeditor. Checked out the next morning and moved to Best Western next door for next 3 nights. In addition the elevator wasn't working and was major nuisance having to walk up and down stairs with everyone else carrying luggage.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Valued guest,

Should you have a concern during your stay, simply contact the front desk and allow us to address it. If we cannot resolve your concern prior to your departure, we don’t expect you to pay for that night. It’s what every stay should be, with our Hassle-Free Guarantee. We hope to see you again next time your travels bring you to Tucson.

Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip. Staff was friendly, the rate was very low, at this exit there are not many food options, 1 mile north many more hotels and restaurants but the price of the hotels there was considerably more. All in all it fit my need, inexpensive room that was clean. Bed was comfy, no breakfast in the morning, just coffee. Would recommend for budget travelers anyone wanting perks or luxury should try somewhere else. Did have a nice outdoor pool that several families were enjoying. Would stay again based on the really great pricing.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad to hear you found our property clean and a good value. We are also glad you found our staff to be friendly. We look forward to your next visit when int the Tucson area!

Dan & Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucson
BEST WESTERN PLUS Gold Poppy Inn
Red Lion Inn & Suites Tucson North Foothills
Baymont Inn & Suites Tucson Airport
Days Inn & Suites Tucson/Marana
Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites
Red Roof Inn Tucson South
Red Roof Inn Tucson South
#73 of 129 in Tucson

Been to Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana? Share your experiences!