“Great place for location, price, cleanliness, ext.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana

Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana
Ranked #60 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great place for location, price, cleanliness, ext.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The price was awesome. Easy to find. Close to freeway and shopping. We stay here on our visits to Tucson. Very pet friendly. Can't say enough about this place

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Hotel! We are very glad you found us friendly and helpfull. We work very hard to provide great guest service and appreciate being recognized for the effort. We are continually adding new items to the property. This month at the request of our guests we added new chairs to every room in the property! Thank you again for the review and we look forward to your next visit.

Daniel & Staff
Red Roof Inn Tucson North
I0244@redroof.com
(520)744-8199

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our trip from AL to AZ started smooth, then we had car trouble, which delayed our trip for hours. Afraid our check in/reservations would be cancelled since it would be a late arrival, I called Red Roof and spoke with David (guest service rep). He eased our concerns, and reassured us we will be fine. We arrived in the wee hours of the morning after driving for 20+ hours straight. David welcomed us like vip guests & had us ready & checked in, under 5 minutes. His customer service was priceless. David offered us fresh hot coffee & we were to the point of collapse until we walked into the hotel. Our rooms were great & we slept like babies. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you for the kind review of our Inn. David will be glad to hear he was mentioned in your review! Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Daniel S.
Delray Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very comfortable room if you just need to crash for the night. Only drawback for me was the lack of a table or desk in the room. Staff was great, especially MANDY, who made sure that I was comfortable in my room after I mentioned that I'm very sensitive to noises from air conditioners. Location is close to RR tracks, so there was some noise from passing trains. Good freeway location. Nice, little outdoor pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for the kind review of our Inn. We have all brand new chairs arriving this Month so on your next visit we will have them for you. Thank you for mentioning Mandy in your review she will be pleased to hear she is doing a great job.

Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit!

(520)744-8199
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was looking for a low price in Tucson during a weekend in March. I couldn't score anything decent on Priceline or Hotwire, so I booked directly with Red Roof Inn.

My rating of this hotel is based on the fact that it is a budget hotel,
during high season, in Tucson. I did not give it four stars because it
is luxurious, but because of the value it represented on this trip. There was no other national brand hotel priced lower at the time, and even Priceline & Hotwire weren't any better. I probably would have
rated it as 3 stars (average budget hotel along an interstate), but the staff were all really nice and I slept well.

I got there about 1:20pm & the friendly girl at the front desk said she didn't know if any rooms were available. She said check-in time was at 3:00pm (their web site says it's 1:00 p.m. but I didn't bring that up). I sat in the lobby for just a few minutes using the free wifi, and she said
she found something on the second floor, which I took.

On their web site, it says that the rooms are "all new". From what I could tell, the flooring materials and furniture were new, and perhaps the rooms had been painted, but the air conditioner, bathroom sink, toilet, bathtub and plumbing fixtures seemed to be the same as when the building was built (1996 from what I could find on the internet). I would probably describe the rooms as remodeled, rather than "all new". There was a flat screen TV by Panasonic (32" I believe). Wifi worked fine in my room.

The bed was quite comfortable, and so were the pillows. The sheets and
linens were fine. There were "blackout curtains" which worked pretty
well. The windows behind the curtains were not all that clean,
unfortunately (either inside or outside). The windows *are* double-paned, which helps keep exterior noise down.

The air conditioner filter was very dirty. I had to take it out & rinse
it in the shower. The air conditioner and the filter are both very old
and the filter was falling apart so I had to be careful while cleaning
it so as not to damage it further. The caulking around the tub looked
pretty bad & it should have been removed & recaulked (it would have done
a world of good to make the room look better).

It was actually fairly quiet here. I didn't hear plumbing noise from
other rooms. There is a train that parallels the freeway, but the
tracks are on the other side of the freeway. I think the secret is to
get an odd-numbered room (as I did). Odd-numbered rooms face the south.

The train noise seems to be stronger on the north side of the building
because it bounces off the building & into a wall that's north of the
parking lot. I didn't get woken up by the train either night I stayed,
although a car alarm went off in the wee hours on Sunday. I could hear
the train faintly with the window closed and the air conditioner running
on the "fan only" mode. My best advice is to get a room that faces
south, and as far west as you can get. If you end up here with
Priceline or Hotwire, you will probably end up with one of the rooms
that gets that train noise as they would be the least desirable rooms
here.

I stayed in a standard room. There are "deluxe" rooms available that are about $10 more per night. I didn't see inside those rooms, but perhaps they are nicer. Those rooms apparently come with fridge, microwave, hair dryer & ironing board.

One last thing to note: the desk clerk told me that pets are allowed to
stay in any room, so keep that in mind if you have any pet allergies. I
only heard a few dog barks as I was walking down the hall, but I didn't
hear any once I was inside my room. The whole property is smoke-free.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms (south side), and get a room as far away from the freeway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank maynard7
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Red Roof Inn Tucson. I am glad you found the property to be a value especially during high season in Tucson. I will share your comments with the staff and we will get to work on the several items you brought to our attention. Thanks again and please consider us once again when traveling to the Tucson area.

Brea, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed here for two nights while touring on motorcycles. Nice hotel, big well furnished rooms all with no smoking. Location is good with circle K store and gas, and Denny's restaurant with in walking distance. The hotel maintenance was a little lacking, a light bulb and the smoke detector were missing in our room and the windows all were very dirty. Sleep was ok but get a room on the west side, there is a major train route to the east and the train horns blast all night.

Room Tip: Get room on west side, away from freeway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for the review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be convenient. When you get a chance you can sign up for our redicard program so you can earn free nights at any Red Roof Inn! Thanks again for the feedback and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

William Shatner and his "negotiators" helped me land here @ the Red Roof Inn Tuscon Norh. Before I begin...let me say that I DID get a good deal.

This hotel is :
a) conveniently located near the Union Pacific mainline....if you like trains, be sure to ask for a room on the Freeway / Railside of the property. You' be air-horned and clickety-clacked 24/7.

b) "pet friendly"...by this I mean DOGS...if a Jack Russell Terrier barking @ 11PM is your thing...you won't be disappointed.

c) some peoples "home away from home" ....construction crews and the like spend 30-180 days here at a time. Since this is property is really not equipped as an "extended stay" hotel would be...the space, pivacy and environment are taxed to the max by these groups.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the freeway and railside no ice machines on 2...on Floor 3 and 4 only.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank QuirkyNW
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your review of our Inn.
We are close to the railroad tracks and you will hear the train. One well behaved pet under 25 pounds is welcome at Red Roof Inns nationwide. A vast majority of our guests appreciate the pet policy and 100% smoke free policy.

We do have weekly construction crews as well as families, international travelers, business travelers, and folks looking for a clean comfortable place to stay on their road trip.

Thanks again for the comments and we look forward to your return once again when you are in the Tucson area.

Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Needed a place to stay while visiting relatives in Tucson. The price was right, the rooms were clean, there was plenty of hot water, and the beds were acceptable. The tub area could have used some updating and a little more maintenance

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
i0244, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of our property. I am glad you found our Inn to be a comfortable place to spend the night. Next visit you can try our Superior King Room which includes a work desk and rolling chair, coffee, and a Microfridge. We look forward to serving you again the next time your travels bring you to the Tucson area.

Dan Slattery
520-744-8199
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucson
BEST WESTERN PLUS Gold Poppy Inn
#29 of 130 in Tucson
4.0 of 5 stars 671 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana
Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites

Been to Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana? Share your experiences!