“Okay food doesn't make up for terrible, terrible service”
Review of Fuku Sushi

Fuku Sushi
Ranked #1,346 of 1,990 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Sushi
Neighborhood: West University
Neighborhood: West University
Tucson, AZ
“Okay food doesn't make up for terrible, terrible service”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We expected this place to be a bit loud as it's only a block from the University of Arizona and it was a Saturday night. But we didn't expect it to take over an hour for our order (three rolls) to arrive when we were seated at the relatively early hour of 7pm. By 8pm the place was packed and we felt a bit sorry for the lone server whose entreaties to the sushi chefs in the open kitchen to get the orders out seemed to fall on deaf ears. Our food did finally arrive without one of the items we ordered. By that time we were deaf from the din and hoarse from shouting across the table to be heard. Wouldn't recommend Fuku Sushi as a dining experience to anyone over the age of 25.

• Visited September 2013

Seabrook, Maryland
“Didn't like it”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've never been to Fuku for dinner or happy hour so I can't comment on those aspects but I heard it's a pretty big party scene at night. The food is mediocre, with mushy rice and old fish. The rice or noodle bowls are bland and disappointing. Their fuku fries are pretty good but it's pretty hard to mess up deep fried fries. I hear it's a great place to go for drinks and a fun atmosphere on the weekends, but don't expect good food with your drinks.

• Visited August 2012
Beckley, West Virginia, United States
“good sushi near the U of A campus”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We visited here for a late sushi lunch. The name, pronounced foo-koo, provides occasion for a number of double entendres on the menu. Parking, as for most establishments near the U, is pretty bad. The decor is spartan. Service was good. We ordered two rolls, a tiger roll and a "Fuku in Vegas," both prepared quickly. The fish was very fresh and the sushi was excellent. Good value. The parking will probably keep us away, but for students and others within walking distance, this is a good place to go.

• Visited February 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Beware of old fish”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Both my husband and I got VERY I'll from the sushi. The location is prime, but unless you're just going for a drink, skip it.

Tucson, Arizona
“overpriced, bad service”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've been here a few times at various days of the week and times of the day. Even if they were slow, service was terrible and took forever. One afternoon my friends and I wandered in for a drink. Even though it was 2pm on a Tuesday, it took 15 minutes for someone to take our order and another 15 just to give us a beer. Every waiter I had was just a pretty face or a guy with huge arms who would spend most of his shift hitting on the cute sorority girls that would come in.
As for the sushi, there's nothing special about it, and it definitely isn't worth how much they price it for. The rolls are poorly constructed and they fall apart once you grab them with your chopsticks. They also charge extra for miso soup and salad. Good sushi in tucson lies far from the University area. The location of this restaurant is prime, but if you have the gas money and the patience to drive through tucson, I suggest you go elsewhere.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Fuku Sushi? Share your experiences!