“Lots of space”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Michigan, USA
“Lots of space”
Reviewed May 8, 2006

I just returned from a five day stay at the Townplace Suites in Tucson. My wife and two kids loved the spaciousness of the two bedroom suite. There are two bedrooms, both separate from the main living area. We found this to be a great advantage as people could stay up late without distiburing those trying to sleep.

The staff was very attentive and friendly.

The location on the north side of Tucson, near the Catalina Mountains, was very convenient to all attractions.

In the morning, complimentary juice, coffee, newpaper, tea, fruit, bagels, and fruit bars were available. This provided a reasonable choice instead of having to go out everyday. Early evening, chocolate cookies were made on site.

We only cooked soup in the kitchen, but it is full size and stocked with all pots and utensiles.

The beds and linen were very comfortable.

This is not a resort. There are no elegant grounds or a super fancy lobby. This is a great alternative for anyone lookiing for clean, spacious room, at a reasonable price. Our 2 bedroom suite with kitchen was only $119 per night.

• Stayed May 2006
26 Thank Dbl_Diamond

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Arizona
Reviewed March 14, 2006

I stayed here the night before my wedding because I needed the spaciousness and the refrigerator to keep my flowers alive for the big day. I also new I was going to have a lot of people in and out helping me get ready and getting ready themselves. I just had a one-bedroom suite, and it was the perfect size. I was so greatful for the kitchen though. After the wedding we ended up staying in the hotel for the night too because I had to rent it for two nights so I would have it for the day to get ready. It was a nice retreat after the wedding even. The staff was helpful whenever they were needed. The one thing that is somewhat nice and different is the check-in. It's not a big reception desk, rather a few desks which makes it a little more personable because you can sit down. The area of town for this hotel is also great, it is Northwest. It is 10 minutes from the freeway, about 15 minutes from downtown, and 15 minutes from Oro Valley. This hotel has ended up being one of our favorite hotels to stay in wherever we go.

• Stayed June 2004
21 Thank HRGArizona
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 24, 2005

I spent 3 weeks at this property. The staff was friendly, suites are nicely appointed and very clean. I would recommend this property for long term stays in Tucson.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
19 Thank mskatyj
Salem, Or
Reviewed October 29, 2004

We stayed here recently (Oct. '04) and had a great experience! The bed was comfortable, we had a great golf course & mountain view out our 3rd floor window, and it was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. It appears to be fairly new, and the kitchen in our studio was fully equipped, which came in handy. We had great customer service, and would highly recommend staying here.

31 Thank ORTraveler-TRIP
Reviewed November 29, 2002

WOW am I ever pleased with my studio room at the TownePlace Suites here in Tucson!!! We frequently stay at the Marriott properties, ie TownePlace (TPS) and Residence Inn, when we are on business in the midwest and this place is head and shoulders above any of those that I've stayed at before.
Some TPSs can be on the tacky and funky side (altho the two bedroom suites are often a great value if you need lots of space), BUT this one here in Tucson is VERY well maintained and immaculately clean, has wonderful classy furnishings, and is in a great location (on Rudasill and Oracle, on a little hill overlooking a golf course, with great mountain and city views). It's close to malls and other great shopping but has a feel of being outside of town.
This property has my highest seal of Road Warrior Approval!

47 Thank coando