“town place suite by marriott”

TownePlace Suites Tucson
Ranked #64 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“town place suite by marriott”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

we stayed at town place suite marriot at Rudsil Road Tuscon for 5 nights to attend a family member's memorial . eventhough the hotel was a limited service but we stay was very enjoyable. the suite was very clean and comfortable, continental breakfast was a complete meal, the front desk clerk were allways smiling and kind, the maintenance crew were busy keeping the greens & pool very clean.
one of the maintenence man even helped us with the lugges to the room, fix the room if any repair needed, houskeepers delivered extra twols with smiles.the suite was furnished with a full size frige, oven , stove and coffe maker , microwave and two tv sets.
the hotel was located surrounded by banks, restaurants, shops and Malls, this made our stay very comfortable.i am sure that the leadership of the hotel played a great deal on the success of the hotels daily operation. the constant attention to detail and consistancey surpassed our expectation.
the final bill was sent electronicly as qouted , nothig exra

Room Tip: this suite is perfect for a family of four and the price wich includes breakfast, makes it very affo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed January 3, 2013

When I checked in it was very late. The guy who was working behind the counter was so helpful in fact went out of his way to get a folder of things to do while in the area. It is alittle out of the way hotel (at least the directions my GPS gave me), but I like that. It wasnt loud, or by super busy streets so sleep was great! We had a very nice room and if traveling that way again I would stay with no hesitation! Breakfast was included, it was a nice spread.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Itzme01
Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for a week with my parents and husband for a week. Overall, this was an adequate space (doable but not above expectation) for us as we were gone from morning to night and just utilized the space for sleeping. The room was clean and met our needs.

A few things to note:
The 2nd bedroom was small, didn't provide much space for 2 adults, and lacked a tv (we usually fall asleep to one). Also, keep in mind that the 2 bedroom suite only has 1 bathroom so we had to plan ahead to share the space. For four adults, some may view it as close quarters and would be more suitable for 2 adults with children. We loved having the living room and kitchen area which provided us with more space and the ability to eat in the room. In general, a much better option than a standard 2 bed hotel room.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We had a few maintanence issues (ice maker and tv didn't work on day 1) and they were promptly fixed.

The breakfast was basic and consisted mostly of carbs - bread, waffles, cereal. Eggs or some meat would be a great addition to the options. Plus, it would have been nice to have a larger space as there was never a seat no matter what time I went (early and late) but fortunately I had the option to return to my room. My husband loved the cookies served every evening and we both enjoyed the coffee on a daily basis.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would consider staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor in the main building - easy access to breakfast, workout room, and front...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This Towne Place Suites is one of the older locations (I would guess). The Bathrooms & Kitchens are really tired and mildly depressing. It wasn't awful and you get what you pay for I suppose. Also, the cable TV was xfinity, but it seemed slower than my xfinity service at home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dad05
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Sitting in my room right now listening to the incredibly noisy housekeeping staff yell to each other back and forth down the hall complaining about the poor tips they have received this morning. I was excited when I booked my trip and saw that there was a Towneplace Suites right in the part of town I wanted to be since I have always liked this chain in the past.

The hotel is old and dated, the halls and room smells like a gallon of Febreeze was spilled somewhere. The matress was springy and uncomfortable and the free breakfast was mostly pre-packaged carbs with only waffles and oatmeal for hot options. Housekeeing ignored my "do not disturb" sign and rang the doorbell at 8:15am (yes, there is a very loud doorbell outside each room) and then laughed and scurried off when I yelled out that I was still sleeping.

I spend over 100 nights a year in hotels for work and needless to say, I will never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank misswright505
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 15, 2012

So I read the reviews and was a bit worried about what I would find, but the hotel was great. Large rooms with a couch and a bed, AND a kitchen with refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher. The bed was comfortable, the hotel was quiet, the pool is smaller than it looks in their photo, but perfectly serviceable. I suppose it is not near downtown, but Tucson is so small, who cares? You're always minutes from anything. Staff was very friendly, helpful. Breakfast was good for an American hotel, but I've gotten spoiled staying at hotels in France.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Served my purpose for my two night stay but nothing to write home about. It looks like it's a pretty old property that's been renovated but still looks a bit tired and worn. The rooms are on the small side and they HAVE to do something about the old-style God awful fluorescent lighting that adorns the rooms and corridors. It gives everything a creepy, hospital/sanitarium feel. I couldn't stop wondering if any women had been stabbed to death in the shower at this property by a man dressed like his mother.
The most cheerful part of the property is the tiny pool area.

Let's see, what else?
The free wi-fi suffered from a low signal and was painfully slow, so not much help if you're here on business.

While I normally DETEST the complimentary breakfast (unless it's the buffet breakfast at The Kea Lani in Maui) this place lowered the bar for complimentary breakfast: juice, coffee, selection of cereals, yogurt and waffles (and maybe some bread). Not even the "yellow powder plus hot water equals scrambled eggs" offering. Pretty poor.

This place is not for me. If all you want is a roof over your head and a clean bed, you'll be fine. If you want anything more though, you're probably best to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo