“Clean & Friendly”

TownePlace Suites Tucson
Ranked #65 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The Towne Suites in north Tucson was very clean and the staff very friendly. I was only there one night for a baseball tournament with my son and everything was perfect. I would surely go back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Below are my ratings for this hotel on a scale of 1-5: Avoid the "breakfast"

Hotel Location 4
Average 4.36

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DERICK S
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stayed in this hotel, in their accessible room, with a roll in shower, while in Tucson, house hunting. The desk staff was courteous, friendly and helpful. Our room was well designed with room for a wheelchair to maneuver and a bathroom that was safe and functional for someone with a disability. We had arranged one night in a different hotel, for our last night in town, but it was not accessible after all. TownePlace Suites put us into another of their accessible rooms, one with a tub, for our last night. That room was also well designed, attractive and had good quality materials used to make the bathroom safe. They were quick to accommodate us on short notice and were very understanding about our circumstances. We have found the same to be true in other TownePlace Suites, in other states. It's nice to find a reliable hotel chain that knows how to meet the needs of someone with a disability and who goes beyond just what is necessary!

Room Tip: If you need a roll in shower, room 103 was great. If you can use a tub, room 305 worked well.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ww13
Reviewed December 15, 2011

My sister and I stayed here for 5 nights in a 2 bedroom suite. The beds were comfortable and rooms very clean. The kitchen was a little on the small side but we were grateful to be able to cook for ourselves. The staff was very friendly and the free breakfast in the morning was a great bonus. I loved the boiled eggs but would have liked to have had some bread/toast available, not just the english muffins they served every day. The main problem we had was our room was next to a stairwell, and my sister was woken up every night by people running up and down the stairs. It really sounded like a herd of elephants! Besides that, we enjoyed our stay and will definitely consider staying here again next time we return to Tucson.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2011

This hotel has everything you need for a "utilitarian" stay. We were in Tucson twice tending to family matters, and this hotel was in a good location for hospital and downtown needs. There is a full kitchen and free wi-fi. Both times we stayed, the room was very clean. The queen bed was OK (not very firm). We did not go down for breakfast-- only coffee. Overall, the TownePlace Suites was fine... we will be back in a few weeks and plan to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Everything about this place was great. Location, hotel amenities, comp breakfast. The pool was gorgeous, the kids loved the basketball court, the laundry facility was clean and the machines were good. The only downside was that in trying to confirm our reservation (made through Priceline), we were told that the reservation did not exist. This took a couple of days to sort out, but in the end the hotel called and told us not to worry.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2010

I was so looking forward to returning to Tucson on a recent business trip. It'd been three (3) years since I visited, and after looking at my accommodation options I decided that I'd stay at the TownePlace Suites off Oracle. I used to stay there three years ago, and remembered the place to be warm and cozy.

The good news was that the hotel still has great access to my client base (previous/present)... The bad news is that the hotel is now really run down! A makeover is definitely needed here. I was embarrassed that I recommended this hotel to my team. Worse yet, I requested help finding a breakfast place that had a traditional AZ breakfast... They sent us to the golf course out back which was a real dump!

So if you're looking for a place to stay where you can rack up some Marriott points... this may be your place. It's awfully run down though, so beware! Should have stayed at the Hilton...

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business