“Did not live up to expectations, not bad but not great.”
Review of Pasco

Pasco
Ranked #248 of 2,009 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Did not live up to expectations, not bad but not great. Service was efficient but not friendly or helpful. It had a get em in and get em out feel. Food was hit or miss one meal was spectacular and the other offputting. Great location with a patio out front to sit and enjoy.

There are newer reviews for Pasco

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Came to celebrate after my niece's graduation. The menu appealed to the young and old, meat eaters, vegetarians and vegans. They us local food so it was all fresh. Lots of choices but the BEST Hueveos Rancheros I have ever eaten but since a local suggested them I should have known. Others enjoyed the pasta primavera. As an "older" aunt I decided to join the younger people in a drink. They have "mixologists" who have created all kinds of wonderful drinks. I enjoyed the Strawberry Mama. The atmosphere was easy and we enjoyed sharing this special time in a leisurely manner. Highly recommend.

1  Thank lesliemc
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Grass fed beef made a burger that was so rich I couldn't finish it. Fantastic.
This place supports local and organic farms and ranches. Quality ingredients at excellent prices. Also our server recommended we try the "Father Kino" over a standard margherita., so glad we did. They serve their drinks in glass jars, what fun! If all this is not enough they play records, vinyl, can you believe it? Would highly recommend and will definitely be back!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Despite widespread, legitimate complaints of slow service, I had been to Pasco many times and tried to promote it with everyone I could -- friends, colleagues, visitors to Tucson -- but not anymore.

I am a graduate student who teaches at the university and a year ago started including attendance at a local performance of a play, and an optional dinner out at a good local restaurant, in each of my courses once per term. So far about half my students, or approximately 20 young adults, opt to join me for dinner each time. Everyone else in the community -- local theater companies, etc. -- has been welcoming, of course -- but not this place.

I called weeks in advance and left messages and finally managed to talk to a person to make a tentative reservation but never got the promised return call from someone with the authority to handle a large reservation. I left more unreturned messages. Finally, just two days before the night in question, when it was too late to make a reservation elsewhere, I managed to talk to someone at the restaurant, and only at this point was told that the restaurant charges an extra $150-200 (I don't remember which now) to reserve their back room for a group of that size. Sadly, I told my students the news that it would now cost an extra $7-8 per person -- while I paid an extra $10 myself -- plus an automatic 20% tip to eat at this restaurant.

I understand the policy under certain circumstances, such as for wedding parties that might actually use the restaurant for longer than their food purchases would warrant and/or prevent others from getting into the restaurant at peak hours. However, none of that applied here. We were there for only an hour, and well before the dinner rush -- the restaurant was otherwise nearly empty! Plus, the fact that they failed to give us reasonable advance notice of this policy should have merited some show of consideration.

Having no alternative, though, we came and paid the fee, hoping for the best. Unfortunately, the treatment while we were there made us all feel unwanted. I will let them post about that themselves if they choose. Then, we were horrified at the amounts on the final checks. For instance, I had one drink and one meal, regularly priced at $12, and my final bill came to more than $44. And with me were mostly first year college students! I was disgusted.

Afterward, as a class, we spent two hours composing a letter to the restaurant asking them to reconsider their policy for the future and to donate some food to our end of the term celebration, considering how much we had paid them and how little we had gotten for it. We pointed out that we could do a lot of damage with negative word of mouth and negative online reviews -- as is our right and, as I see it, our responsibility. After all, there are plenty of local businesses that actually care about their customers and deserve business instead of places like this one. I urge you to go frequent them instead.

The owners of this restaurant apparently think that promising to go public with the story of our experiences is illegal, though. They actually threatened me with legal action simply because we wrote that we would tell everyone we know and post negative reviews about our negative experiences! We wrote, "You might really consider changing your policy to something that is flexible enough to respond to the circumstances of any specific situation," and that "a donation of some food to our class final exam . . . would go far in assuaging our frustration with your restaurant. Then we would have actually gotten something for all of that extra money we paid," and they called our suggestions "blackmail" and characterized it as "demanding free service and food from us followed by threats." What?? We paid $200 for pretty much nothing -- that's not exactly free! And it's certainly not illegal to tell people that a restaurant treated us poorly, or to ask them to do something extra for us to make up for an egregiously poor experience. Isn't that what a good restaurant should do -- giving you dessert on the house, for instance, when something else has gone terribly wrong? Of course, they are always free to say no, and either way, we are free to tell whomever we will about the experience. Please, don't go to this restaurant! If you're unhappy, they might slap you with a gag order! How ridiculous.

Nonetheless, I responded politely to their threatening reply as follows: "We didn't mean it to come across that way. We hoped you might do something by way of recompense for the fact that we feel we were forced to submit to being overcharged. We also asked that you reconsider your policy. Maybe you can propose something? A coupon for each of us who were there that night?"

The restaurant's final response at this point: "As I understood you were tolled about the charge and was also given the option to make reservation 30min later. Our policy was implemented due to the cost/portion of our food, we carry local organic products that cost more then your ordinary restaurant food. We serve a product that should be double the money for half during happy hour. I don't expect you to understand the restaurant business we have certain policy's to protect our business." We didn't get any happy hour prices, folks. We paid full price, and then some, and that's apparently what this place does "to protect [their] business." And here I thought that treating customers with respect would do that. But I can't possibly understand, as ignorant as I am. What a letter to send!

Go to Wilko or Joel's Bistro or the Scented Leaf if you want really good food on University Blvd. Go to Athens on Fourth Ave. or Feast on Speedway or the Hub on Congress, where I took my students in the fall. They were incredibly gracious. But don't go here!!

1  Thank TeacherReaderEater
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our first meal during our visit to Tucson was at this lively local restaurant. We ate outside on the comfortable patio, and ordered what we thought would be another boring meal...but when our orders arrived we were amazed at the freshness and tastiness. They purchase only locally grown vegetables, and load the plates with them. My pasta primavera was like no pasta dish I had ever had...loaded with veggies and topped with scrumptious mozarella cheese. I can't wait to go back to try everything else on the menu!