“Nice find!” 4 of 5 stars

Sunny Daze Cafe
Ranked #185 of 1,904 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Lunas, New Mexico
“Nice find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Overall this was a nice hidden gem we stumbled upon. I got steak and eggs for seven bucks. The service was ok in that refills were a bit slow but the value made up for it. Don't forget to try the Sunny puffs!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

Glen Allen, Virginia
“A very good surprise.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My family and I ate breakfast here on our way back home because it was near the hotel that we stayed at and it had relatively good reviews. I was not expecting much, but it was a very good surprise.

I was caught off guard by the big pink flamingo out front (it reminded me of the Baltimore restaurant on Kitchen Nightmares). We walked in and I was pleasantly surprised by the island theme (in the middle of the Tucson desert!). It was a tacky, but fun, island theme.

In terms of food, the food was also very good. I had the biscuits and gravy combo, my wife had the waffle combo, and my daughter had the pancakes and eggs. All of it was very good, including my chocolate milk. The Sunny Daze buns were also very good. All of the food is also extremely cheap (the buns were free).

My only complaint is that it is kind of in middle of nowhere. However, this is a great place for breakfast in terms of atmosphere and food.

• Visited March 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Oh my, their Sunny daze buns!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great service, like the island decor. I never tried Arbuckle coffee before but love it. I can actually drink it black, no problem. They have such great Sunny Daze buns. Mmmm. And they are so generous, they keep coming back to add more buns!! How am I to keep my figure? haha.

Visited January 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Best breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We ran upon this little joint in our visit. We ordered the breakfast and boy were we in for a treat the portions are huge and the coffee was really good. The waitress was very nice and the place was very clean. We will definitely be back. The sunny puffs can be very addictive but after the pancakes we had no room for dessert.

• Visited November 2012
Pinellas Park, Florida
“Popular local restaurant is worth a trip.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

I had the poblano chili omelette, which was good but a little dry, along with hashbrowns loaded with onions and cheese. My husband had the turkey walnut berry salad, which was large and he said very good. Friendly servers do a good job, and from tasting a sample of one of their sunny puffs, I can see how they could become addictive. The display of other pastries such as the brownies, cinnamon rolls, and flan, looked very inviting. Cute tropical decor with lots of flamingos helped make this place a bit unique for this area. Clearly very popular with the locals, and I can see why. It's charming.