“Nothing else to say but TRY THIS PLACE!”
Review of Chef Alisah

Chef Alisah
Ranked #83 of 2,099 Restaurants in Tucson
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This quite possibly may be the best restaurant in Tucson! The food is amazing plus the staff (all family it seems) is gracious and attentive! It never feels like you are being rushed out, we sat around one busy Friday with a largeish (7 people) group for almost 4 hours. Even at the end of the night they were never trying to push us out! Oh, and did I mention it is CHEAP with gigantic portions!?! And it is BYOB so you can have a tasty adult beverage with dinner and not break the bank! If you haven't tried this restaurant I highly recommend you do ASAP!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

As a die-hard carnivore, I had to try the mixed grill with 4 meat dishes at Chef Alisah's restaurant. The restaurant is located on the ground floor of what looks like an apartment building, but the inside is nice and spacious, if a bit plain. Chef Alisah himself came out and took our orders as it wasn't very crowded yet, and the wait wasn't too long until our mixed plate came. A huge platter with sausages, beef patties, grilled chicken breast, steak, balls of seasoned rice, vegetables and pieces of bread came out. Chef Alisah himself is very friendly and came out to our table multiple times and chatted with us and teased us about how slowly we were consuming our huge plate of meats. Each piece of meat was juicy and delicious, but my favorite was probably the steak and sausages. We had to take half of the meat home with us, so for $28 (2-person portion) you can get at least 2 full meals for 2 people. Chef Alisah is friendly and attentive, the food is huge and delicious, well worth your money.

1  Thank Cyanicdelphis
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Tucked in the corner of a small building of shops/offices this is a great place for Eastern European food: hearty, tasty and generous. We went with a group of 6 and were the only couple to order the Chef's Surprise. You won't be disappointed. When our very friendly server brought the selection our eyes were as big as the bowls that the cabbage salad was served in. The platter was HEAPED with savory foods: gyros, lamb kebobs, tomatoes, eggplant, several kinds of homemade sausages and the most wonderful chicken schneitzel I have ever had. And I've probably forgotten what else, we of course, took it home and ate for 4 days and 3 lunches! Unbelievably good. Since then we have had their goulash and gyros plate...both worth going back for. No alcohol is served, but you may bring your own and we brought wines. They provided glasses and corkscrews, no corkage fee. Oh and the Chef's Surprise was only $36 for 2 people!

1  Thank Zonie98
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We went to Tucson for a conference, and my spouse and I ate here for several days. To be technically correct, we ate dinner here on one evening, but there was so much food, we ate it for lunch and dinner the next day! We ordered the Chef's surprise. The meal opens with cabbage salad (cabbage with a vinegar-based dressing--not great, but very cleansing. We ate it throughout dinner). Then comes the entree: it's a medium-sized animal's worth of meat (sausages, kehbabs, patties, grilled chicken, and on and on), served over their excellent bread and broccoli with cheese, all with a side of rice.

The "broccoli with cheese" is the only weak point--it's not very good, and it makes the underlying piece of bread soggy and gross, too. But the bread! And the meat! The bread is fluffy and warm and soaked in meaty goodness, of which there is Just. So. Much! The surprise plate is only $36, and it's a steal at that price. Go order one right now; I wish the conference were in Tucson again next year so I could go back!

[PS- If you read anything else about this place, you'll discover that it's a family affair. We met everyone in the family, and they're delightful. We hope they stay in business as long as they want to.]

1  Thank TravelvsVacation
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I don't know what John F is talking about, but there is actually a group of Bosnians that come here, I being one of them, that come here once a month about 15-25 people. Saturday nights typically, the restaurant has huge portions, and extremely good food. The food can't get any fresher then it already is, the owners understand very good English, and definitely know what they are doing, especially when it comes to food, very proud of them, been a customer since the first day they opened, they are VERY successfully.

1  Thank JohnFPhil

Been to Chef Alisah? Share your experiences!