“May be a good motel 6, but definitely not worth the Sheraton rates”

Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites
Ranked #77 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed January 28, 2014

First of all, the rooms are not what you expect of a Sheraton. While I can't say they were dirty, they were minuscule. We had the double suite and it had the size of a decent middle class hotel room, as you might find in a Quality Inn. And I am talking about the suite in total. The bedroom had the size of a motel 6 bedroom, as had the bathroom. The living room accordingly. The room showed quite a lot of wear and tear and some ugly stains on the furniture. Essential amenities you find in other Sheratons, like a microwave, don't exist, probably to steer people to the terribly overpriced restaurant on the grounds. Unfortunately service there was lousy. You wait 30 min for a drink. Since the restaurant is encorporating the pool area, people eat on the pool lounges and leave their dishes there, which took hours to be cleared. Staff was very unhelpful when it came to late checkout (had to call the manager to get that, even though other guests received it), pool towels etc. The pool is decent but in no way worth the title "resort." For $ 150 per night you can get much better accommodation in Tucson. Sheraton should be ashamed of lending its name to this property.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Not Y
Margaret R, General Manager at Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

We are saddened to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. Specifically, you mentioned the size of the room, lack of microwave, wear and tear as well as dishes left out for hours in our restaurant/pool area and unfriendly staff. Allow me to say, that is an exception rather than the rule. I would also like to make you aware that we offer spacious suites, with microwave, or upon request, we can provide you with one. We are in the hospitality industry, as such, unfriendly service is not accepted or tolerated. Rest assured I will look into all the items mentioned above. We hope you may give us another try in the future. If I can be of assistance, please contact me directly.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed here while visiting a friend in Tucson. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. In my experience with Sheraton, they have always had nice clean rooms. We opted for the suite, which was a good choice. Nice comfortable beds, huge sitting area and up to date furnishings. The bathroom was a bit on the small side. Location was nice and quite and although it was near a main road, we could not hear a thing.
Awesome pool area, but at the time of our travel, we were not able to use it because it was cold. I'm sure the pool was heated though. They have a restaurant inside the hotel, but we were meeting friends for dinner at a different location. There is also a cafe in the lobby which serves Starbucks coffee and snacks.
Great location and it was very close to Mt. Lemmon, which was our destination in the morning. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a safe and clean place to stay. I think we paid $150 for the suite, which in Tucson, I think is a good value.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

We are glad you had the opportunity to experience our hospitality. The staff is eager to help and does so with a smile. Our pool is heated, perhaps you can give it a try next time your travel brings you to Tucson. Don't hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance in the future and thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I came in through a 3rd party and saved significantly on the cost of the room and the upgrade to a suite (highly recommended) was only $10. Since it was my first time, the nice lady and the front-desk comped the upgrade. Pool is heated and the hot-tub is very intimate with nice, flashing lights that change colors - very romantic. For a nominal fee, upgrade to the club-level for free breakfast and evening snacks.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charles S
Margaret R, General Manager at Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

We are so glad you enjoyed your first visit to our hotel and had the opportunity to stay in one of our suites. Our pool and hot tub are quite lovely and we're glad you enjoyed it too. Thank you for choosing Sheraton Tucson Hotel & Suites and we look forward to accommodating you again soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I am a frequent visitor to this area, and sometimes I cannot line up my favorite Starwood hotel in time. If I have to use another hotel in town for a night or two, I turn to the Sheraton Tucson. It has all of the quality, amenities and friendly service I like, but at a great value price. I am off property playing golf or seeing people most of the day, so I am not qualified to say this is a great hangout resort. I feel very comfortable and at home here. Now it is located on East Grant, which is not the best part of Tucson, but I have never had issues in the neighborhood. The hotel has an interesting triangulated shape with a nice courtyard and pool in the middle. Most of the rooms look out at that. The last time I was there, I was bumped up to a junior suite. It was a very nice treating having a second room to spread out in. As with all Sheratons, the staff makes all of the difference. They welcome you warmly and handle every request with the utmost diligence. I always leave this hotel feeling as if they really cared that I had a good stay from check in to check out. If you are heading to Tucson and are unsure what hotel will suit your needs, give the Sheraton Tucson a look and I would be willing to bet you will be happy and well served there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a courtyard/pool view. It will be more scenic and quieter at night.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DT705

We thank you for choosing Sheraton/Starwood Hotels! It's great to hear you like all of the amenities we offer, including the pool and our courtyard area. Our staff takes pride in our efforts to make everyone feel at home and take care of your every need. We, certainly, look forward to accommodating you again soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel at least 2-3 times a year for the past three years. The hotel has a great pool area and a very good restaurant. Negative is the noise factor....not from inside the hotel but rather the proximity to the hospital next door. The staff is one of the best and really works hard to be sure your stay is enjoyable. This is not a resort but a great choice if traveling with children.

Room Tip: Suites are worth the extra charge especially if traveling with children. East side closer to the ho...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pfs67
Margaret R, General Manager at Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for being one of our loyal guests. It is great to hear you enjoyed our pool, restaurant as well as our staff. I will be certain to pass along your comments to the staff. We look forward to accommodating you on your next trip to Tucson.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is an older SPG property however it meets our needs every time. And the club lounge is well run. The pillows are a bit dated and the bed is a little hard but overall we always have a good stay here.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ann C
Margaret R, General Manager at Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Hi Pat B, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I will be sure to pass on your comments regarding the Club Lounge. We hope to see you again, thank you!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

This hotel location is perfect when visiting ASU! We have visited Tucson many times and this location is great. Many good restaurants on the main street and many students around, so gives it a very fun and safe atmosphere.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better as you hear less traffic. Request a room away from road.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Margaret R, General Manager at Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

We are happy you enjoyed your time with us and found our location convenient. Please visit us again!