“Very good for what it is folks! Get a grip!”

Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites
Ranked #77 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have stayed 2x over the past month. Staff is very kind and helpful. The hotel is clean. The breakfast is very nice. My suite was large and the kids had a pull out! The rooms are a bit dated and the bathroom is small. So what! If you wanted a larger bathroom then you can spend another 75 bucks at another hotel!! The location is also in question. I will likely pass in the future due the location but not the hotel or service. You guys are doing a great job and thanks for making me feel at home while away from home!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite. Get the breakfast pkg that includes free buffett.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Margaret R, General Manager at Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for providing us your feedback on your recent stay! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed our clean hotel as well as our breakfast and our kind and helpful staff. I will be certain to share your comments with the team. Thank you and we hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were traveling through and needed a little reprieve from the heat-filled travels. The hotel rooms were a nice sanctuary with comfy beds and bedding and uber important was an A/C that pummeled us with cold air. A/C was great and quiet.

Room was ample for our family and the pool and jacuzzi were enjoyed a few times during our stay. The hotel is kinda off the beaten path from the 10 Freeway but the affordable price made it worth the extra drive through city.

We found ample restaurants and coffee shops within walking distance and found the staff very happy to assist and spend time talking.

It is a quiet place, a quiet oasis from the bustle of desert living, where we would stay again if we hit up Tuscon again.

Room Tip: All rooms open to the courtyard. I would avoid rooms near stairwells and elevators.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, with the comfy bed, cold A/C and friendly staff. We want to thank you for your business and hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I just have to say, the place wasn't what I was expecting. I was told this was a 3 1/2 star hotel, from what I saw it was not. The staff in the restaurant could have been a bit more friendly and maybe cut down on the gossip they were whispering to each other. The biggest problem, however was the middle blanket on the bed. It's very unfortunate that I didn't notice it until morning, but it was kind of dindgy compared to the blanket and sheet, so I took a clser look... There were what appeared to be small blood stains, something that closely resembled fecal matter and another that I am pretty sure was snot. This thing had not been washed in awhile! Oh, and I almost forgot...The pump was out in the spa, If that's what I wanted, I could have just stayed in the room and taken a bath, and I would have done that if there wasn't long hairs in the tub.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank J9sson

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent stay. It is only with feedback, such as your, that we are able to improve on our service and accommodations. Please accept our, sincerest, apologies for all of the inconveniences you encountered to include the restaurant staff talking amongst themselves, to the stains on the blanket and hairs in the tub. If you have a moment, please give me a call directly to discuss this in more detail. We hope you give us another try in the future.

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed to go to the Tucson Medical Center so the location and the price were the draw. Not bad but not special. We would stay there again if the location served our purposes but not for a pleasure trip.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We apologize your stay wasn't special, it would be helpful for us to understand what we can do to improve on this. Please contact me directly if you have a moment to share additional feedback. We hope to have you visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

For a category 2 Sheraton we had a very good experience. For the price this place was perfectly fine. Old and in need of an upgrade yes, but an upgrade would more than likely bring up the price and we paid a very reasonable rate. We enjoyed the courtyard very much. On a Friday night, no loud obnoxious pounding music, turns out hey hired two men through out the summer on Friday's 7-9 for a "summer concert series". And these guys were AWESOME!!! They turn the lights off (good due to the heat and adds nice atmosphere) and had little candles lite. I was very relaxed enjoying a beverage and sitting back listening to the men play their guitars and sing.
The club lounge did a much better job than some other category 2 Sheraton's we have experienced. The attendant was friendly and efficient but not intrusive. She constantly restocked and kept all clean and fresh. The breakfast in the lounge was the usual Sheraton scramble from a carton and shredded potato's along with fresh fruit and toast/bagel/English muffin. The evening appetizers were fresh pizza and salad and cheese platter (no crackers seemed a bit odd). We did have a problem with our room and it was immediately resolved. We had a top floor room, no issues with noise. The bed was harder than we like and the comforter was VERY heavy, not sure why as it is in the 100's now, would think they would store it for the summer months. The air con worked really good. Overall we were pleased and would come back, good location and nice ambiance.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Margaret R, General Manager at Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to hear you enjoyed the music and atmosphere. We have several other acitivies planned, please come by and see us again soon!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I agree with other reviewers that the hotel lobby was modern and updated. Very nice. We were upgraded to a suite on the club level. Ok, the carpet was filthy. Furnishings are dated. Bathrooms are very small and the sink is located outside the bathroom which is a little odd. Linens were clean but the bed was the most uncomfortable bed I've slept in in a long time. More signs need to be posted as to where the ice machines are. This hotel could be a gem since it has the Sheraton name and is close to restaurants etc. but I can't get past the condition of the room. Wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sixbucks805

Please accept our, sincere, apologies for all of the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay. We have a few different types of rooms, specifically, ones that do not have the vanity oursite the bathroom. We strive to ensure all of our guests are satisfied with the service and accommodations, please contact us directly so we can ensure your next stay is a perfect one.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The lobby is updated and beautiful and I was greeted warmly by the staff and ice cold water with lemon or strawberries or lime was available each day; the daily newspaper is available for purchase just off the lobby (despite the bellman's statement that it is not). I had a room on a high-floor (quiet area) as requested, and the room was clean and the bed comfortable; the air conditioning kept the room nice and cool, even on 100-dgreee + days. The included breakfast was good; eggs were cooked to order, if requested. The fresh fruit, bacon, sausage, French toast, bagels, rolls and other food was good. The maids were outstanding, and attended to my every need -- all of which is why I stay at Sheraton.

Now the problem. The internet, wired and wireless did not work the entire stay, with "security" issues blocking access. I was unable to get any work done during my entire stay, ruining my visit. Despite multiple calls to the front desk and several calls to the hotel's internet help desk, no one resolved the problem, and absolutely no one cared. The hotel's front desk promised to send their onsite software "expert" to my room by 2:30 o'clock Saturday afternoon, May 25, but he never showed up as promised. The hotel's internet help desk, after 3 calls, promised to elevate the problem to higher level technical support and call me back, but never did. There is no problem with my laptop; I used the same Dell laptop at the airports and on my flights to Tucson, and at other hotels earlier in the month, without incident. I disabled my security system; it is a personal laptop; constant security windows appeared blocking access to any account or website requiring a pass word, or other security measures. No one helped me, and the weekend was a loss, with work piling up which I was never able to complete. The poor service was a big disappointment! The general manager, Margaret Robidoux, was never available, despite repeated requests to speak with her.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank desertortropics

Please accept our sincere apologies for the lack of response from the staff regarding your Internet service. This is not the type of service we normally provide and apologize we fell short of our goal. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please contact us directly.