“Good hotel, odd location”

Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites
Ranked #80 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Bay Area, CA
“Good hotel, odd location”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is in a rather sketchy neighborhood - at least it looked that way as we drove in on Grant Road. We stayed here when visiting the University, which was pretty easy to get to via Speedway or Broadway, but about a 20-25 minute drive. The room was very clean and comfortable, what I'd expect from a Sheraton, but you really couldn't eat or shop in the immediate area. One thing I thought was nice was the open bar poolside with comfortable seating and fire pits. I also appreciated the open business center so I could easily print my boarding pass.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Margaret R, General Manager at Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our poolside bar with firepits. It is a nice and relaxing area for our guests. We are glad your room was clean and comfortable for you as well.

We hope to see you again and please do not hesitate to ask a member of our front desk for nearby restaurants and shopping. There are several restaurants and shopping areas within minutes of the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Cle Elum, Washington
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked a room for my parents 53rd wedding anniversary. They checked in and said the room was great, a suite!! had dinner at a steakhouse and that was good. The staff was nice.
I called and talked with CeeCee,(the manager) about having something sent to their room and she went above and beyond!! and didnt charge me. Now that is customer service!! Thank you for making their anniversary so nice!! I hope to stay at your hotel next time I am in Arizona.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
It is great your parents enjoyed their stay for their 53rd wedding anniversary! I am so glad that Ceci made it a memorable experience for you and your parents. I will be certain to pass along your comments to her, I'm sure she will be thrilled.

We look forward to accommodating you, again, in the near future.
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We booked a room here for 2 nights through Hotwire and got it at 90 dollars per night . It definitely has it sets of pros and cons . The checkin was prompt and the lady was really sweet.The rooms are of a nice size you will not feel boxed in . They have Starbucks coffee in the room and the shower has amazing pressure . It is pretty close to Pima air and space museum, so that worked out well. Also u can park ur car depending on which wing ur room is in so u don't need to walk too much . We went on work and it was close to where we had to go but other than that there is nothing much to do in that neighborhood . Not too many choices of nice-ish restaurants close by .
Our room was on the first floor so we could hear people walking by all night and dragging their suitcases .. I'm sure someone else heard us dragging our suitcases too when we checked in.. Thats why we carried it out !! Maybe they could put in better windows .. Soundproof ? The flat sheet was noisy .. Yes I said Noisy .. I'm not a light sleeper but every time I turned I could hear the sheet .. So no sleep for 2 nights !
Decent sized pool .. Ok breakfast .. Overall an average stay .. No sleep makes me cranky !

• Stayed March 2013
Margaret R, General Manager at Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We are happy you were pleased with the check-in experience, the room size, the Starbucks coffee and the shower pressure in your room. I apologize it was noisy on the first floor and you were not able to get a good nights sleep. We realize getting a good night's sleep is very important.

We would like the opportunity to accommodate you in the future. Our hotel has 4 floors and would be happy to accommodate this request to ensure a good night's sleep. I would also like to mention that our front desk staff is very knowledgeable on the area and would be able to recommend several nice restaurants nearby.

We hope to see you, again, soon.
El Paso, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I've travel a lot over the past years and what I consider the best, "will return", and highly recommend hotel is "an Hotel that cares about you before you even ask for it."

Sheraton Tucson is one of the very few that I would consider it as a memorable and definitely "will return" property from SPG. The friendly staff (ie Ceci) was personable and professional. Providing detailed and warm welcoming to every need of the guest. Same applies to other staff members.

Although this is only a category 2 Hotel in SPG, to me it is far better than the Category 6/7s that I've stayed at before.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. Our guest feedback is very important to us in order to continually improve on our service and accommodations.

We are very happy you had a memorable stay and look forward to accommodating you in the near future!
Apache Junction, Arizona
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had a problem during out last visit with the heater not working in the upgraded suite we had reserved. I talked to the manager who gave us another room for our visit. She also promised me on my next visit that I would get one of the suites for sure at no charge. This I received on this visit and was well pleased with the way it was all handled by BRENDA. She promised and kept the promise which is impressive these days. She is a credit the Sheraton family.
We will book a reservation here again in May when we visit Tucson.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Our staff is delighted you enjoyed you stay! I will be certain to pass along your wonderful comments to Brenda.

We look forward to accommodating you in the near future!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This place isn't too bad for a Tucson hotel. It offers some of the features of a resort such as a nice pool, hot tub, and pool bar. Upon check in we were upgraded to a larger suite which was nice. The pool was hopping because it was a holiday weekend, but we were still able to enjoy the nice fire pits they had going and make some s'mores (about $7 for a kit of 4 s'mores). The pool-side margaritas were great too.

I would recommend not getting a room on the East side of the building facing the hospital though. All night we could hear ambulances and emergency vehicles coming in. It wasn't that bad, but if you're a light sleeper request a room away from the hospital. Finally, this is a gripe of most hotels but there were no plugs easily accesible for cell phones/laptops by the beds.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the West side of the hotel away from the hospital to avoid evening ambulance noise.