“Nice, clean, showing age” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites

Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites
Ranked #78 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Brown
“Nice, clean, showing age”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

The receptionist was pleasant and knew the area. The lobby was updated, the business center was handy. The pool area was an outside oasis in the center of the hotel. Really enjoyed the open air walk ways, even if they needed a little paint. The room was clean, but well used. We had a chair in the room that had nail sticking out of it. We reported it to the front desk, by the time we got back to the room engineering had been to the room and taken the chair into the hall. Overall an enjoyable experience .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for one night in March. There is a very nice pool and hot tub, the pool area has drinks service so it feels like a resort, plenty of loungers in the sun and shade. The room was on the ground floor, a little bit away from the pool so not noisy, even though the hotel was full of spring training baseball teams. Good free wifi, comfortable beds and a Starbucks coffee place in the lobby. Just steps to iHop for breakfast, or a little further down the road (1 mile) for groceries at Trader Joes and several other restaurants.

Room Tip: Some ground floor rooms open right on to the pool area, convenient but may be noisy?
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I checked into the hotel and since I'm a Starwood member the front desk clerk said that she would upgrade me to a king suite. I thought that was nice of them to do so. However, when I got to my room I found that it was right next to the elevator and 10 feet from the inside stairwell. Needless to say, it was noisy all night with people talking loudly outside the elevator. Some upgrade!

Room Tip: Get an inside room away from the elevator and Grant Street.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RENOTED

Travelers are raving about these Tucson hotels

Teaneck, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We very much enjoyed four nights in Tucson at this centrally located suite hotel. The staff were very helpful. The snack room we were entitled to use by virtue of our gold status with Starwood was wonderfully convenient and well supplied all day with drinks and snacks. The courtyard swimming pool is heated and beautifully set. At night it is the setting for fire pits. All four nights cost us just 14,000 Starwood points.

Room Tip: Two tv sets. Had we brought grandkids with us it would have been comfortable for everybody. For just...
Berkshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Staff interpersonal skills with guests were A1. Room, no faults. Drinks at Fire and Spice Patio excellent and there was a food tasting which was fun. Food in the restaurant was uninspiring. Internet available in lobby.

Naples, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was probably a nice hotel about 10 years ago, but it is terribly dated and needs a complete overhaul. Our room was large and clean, but so dated. The bath is tiny with old fixtures that had rusty handles. The hallways were shabby and the floor on floor three had huge cracks in it. The elevator was dirty and shabby. Our room came with breakfast and it was so bad. Only the oatmeal was good. Too bad, the location is good. I felt like I was staying in a slum.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed at this property 7 or 8 times and like it quite a bit. But this past stay was dissapointing for one reason. I took the Plat benefit of breakfast instead of points and it was a fiasco. Check in person only gave me one comp breakfast (I was travelling with my wife). After my protests she reluctantly gave me another, I told her the benefit was for the entire stay, she insisted it was just for one noght only and wouldn't budge. So I had to call *wood corporate services to get that corrected.
Second day we wanted to order off the menu not have the buffet breakfast, well the caused major concern amongst the serving staff. First we were told we couldn't, then when I told her we in fact could (as the front desk had informed us), she then got the manager. Well says the manager we will do it this one time (no you wont its your company policy).
Now a different girl is serving us and she recognizes the certificate we present and says no problem.
So we finish breakfast, I leave to go back to the room, my wife leaves the cert. + tip, and as she is leaving the restaurant the manager comes charging after her demanding a room number so she can charge the meal. Instead of arguing, she just gives the room #. My wife was embarrassed at being called out in front of a whole restaurant full of people. Now I have to sort out this mess at check out. A very poor example of how to treat your best customers. One meeting on company policy towards Plat recognition of the breakfast amenity would sort this out. This is my second review of this property, my first one was glowing as I really like it here.
But this left a very bad taste in my mouth.
So y advice is if you are Plat. make sure you sort out your benefits at check in as they are very inconsistent with applying them.

1 Thank Margesmister