Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$103
$84
Visit Tucson
Very Good 4/5
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$72
$246
$217
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$88
$80
Great 4.5/5
Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$50
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
$215
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsclub levelpool areastarbucks coffeerenovated roomliving areahotel restaurantup to datemini fridgeihoplobbygrantlaptoppoolside
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We are staying at the Sheraton in Tucson as we visit with our son and his family. It has been a great stay. We booked through Hotwire, but were able to upgrade to two suites, at an additional fee, with no problem and the desk clerk was very helpful and accommodating. Everything has been great and I would highly recommend this hotel if you are planning a trip to Tucson. The room is clean and everything has been first rate.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Labby abd pool area look nice. No free coffee or tea in the labby. 3 people were in front of us when we checked in, it took more than 20 mintes, only 1 staff was on duty.
Room was very small, little decor, carpet was extremely filthy and smelled bad. Bed was uncomfortable. Bathroom was so small that we had difficult to turn around.
Elevator, stairway, and hallway were terrible.
This hotel is totally worn down. We will not check in any Sheraton any more due to this terrible hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a very comfortable suite on our way from New Mexico to Palm Desert. The pool was heated, and room service was very convenient with good food. Once we landed, we didn't have to go out again to eat, and the property was pet friendly. We'd love to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I want to start by saying my wife & I really had a relaxing time here even though we worked a lot during this trip and we travel more critically and frequently than normal-depending on what your normal is I suppose. Read on. Check in was efficient; common areas above average; room quiet, spacious and cleaned well; Great bartender, very tasty and plain ol' good cocktails at Fire n' Spice bar while watching an alluring view of the fire pits on the patio overlooking the pool. Inviting, hidden, quiet spots to dine in Fire n' Spice too. Quiet night's sleep, good (Starbucks) room coffee, efficient check out---and bought at a value on Price Line for about $65 including tax. Oh yeah, no hidden fees but always check your bill. Support this place, it is nice!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012

What in the heck has happened here? Holy cow! I have never seen a place fall so far. It's been a few years since I've stayed at this property and I just do not know whathas happened!

This is by far the worst ever customer service I've ever had @ a Starwood property. The staff (with the exception of Ms. Sotomayor at the Front Desk) seemed either completely apathetic or in a state of desperation because there was no other staff member helping them out. It seemed like the hotel was incredibly understaffed.
Examples:
a) For example the Club Room- I don't even know where to begin, but I felt so bad for the employee each morning. Guests were frustrated b/c there was nothing to eat, plates were everywhere and the staff member just didn't know what to do in order to catch up. It seems like there is a gross lack of organization.
b) Fire & Spice- Breakfast was the most bizarre meal I've had in a very long time. The waitress seemed very preoccupied and uninterested. When we came in initially to get seated, it took so long to get someone's attention (and I didn't want to be rude and just sit myself) that I had to go back behind the restaurant into the kitchen area to say "hello" to get her attention. I called hello multiple times and I even saw her and she did not look up for the first few times. It was just downhill from there. Just to get water or orange juice took forever. There were only 2 other tables occupied and it took her forever. The buffet is another story- this just seems par for the course with the rest of our stay- I have NEVER in my life seen a sadder buffet. The most unbelievably gross thing- the oatmeal was literally dried- when you lifted the pot it was so dried out I couldn't believe it. There was no way to take any and reconstitute it. The breakfast potatoes were so cold it was disgusting. There were NO spoons whatsoever, so we had to eat our cereal dry with a fork. I asked her for sppons and you would not believe how long it took to get them.
c) Staff generally seemed to not care or have pride in their work/job. And that is very very sad for what could be a great property. Sarah at the Front Desk literally seemed like she was half asleep , void in the eyes and could care less about the customers. She did not want to take any step to do the most simple task outside of literally swiping your credit card and giving you a room key packet. At one point, she stepped away (while I was waiting for a clean room upon checking in) that the hotel must have been so understaffed that she asked someone who did not have the training (maybe someone from the ktichen staff or the Starbucks) to monitor the Front Desk. This was around 1:30 PM so I would assume it is a time when the desk could have a flow of customers. A couple peopl came up to the desk and the person had no idea how to help them or what to do. Sarah was just so utterly unprofessional and I was embarrassed b/c I told the people I was with how much I was looking forward to coming back to this hotel b/c I'd had great past experiences. She really needs assistance with learning how to be professional and look professional. That can be done with your own personal expression and personality, however, at the same time you must also figure out how to exude the customer service SPG prides itself on. I've seen it done worldwide, and I've seen it done at this property in the past.
d) The rooms- they clearly need updating, particularly the bathrooms. Toilet would barely flush all the way through, the sink would get stuffed with water if you put it on more than a trickle, a lamp at bedside was literally bent and broken and the other lamp's bulb was not in working order. This just does not seem like the way SPG would go about prepping a room for a guest. There were other minor issues but it's not worth mentioning here. Well, one more thing...the towels were of the lowest quality I've ever seen at a hotel of this level. They were scratchy and they seem like they were not dried all the way through with an electric dryer. They seemed partially dried by a machine and then folded. They were crunchy.

All in all, this property should be amazing. It has all the bones to offer an affordable comfy stay to guests. I know that it can because I've been here many times when it provided such. I am not sure what happened. As a guest it felt like I was on my own with employees that had largely mutineed the property and SPG. It was depressing. And I was embarrassed to those I was with as they made fun of mefor telling them how great this place was prior to coming (and continuing to defend it). Where is the management? What is going on folks?

I would suggest waiting to visit this property until they have their ducks in a row. I am very worried that if they don't soon fix the understaffing/the staff morale/the staff's customer service, this place will physically fall to a very low standard.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family