“Very CHEAP motel”
Review of Copper Cactus Inn

Copper Cactus Inn
Ranked #117 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The overall location wasn't so loud or terrible, however the pictures they have online definitely show something much more luxorious then they actually are. I'm going to say those photos are at least 10 yrs old! There was no coffee maker, no port for internet, no in room work desk! These were definitely apts turned into a motel. Our room smelled horrible, it was supposed to be a non smoking room however the room smelled of nothing but old cigarette smoke! The shower head was very low, my husband being 6 foot had a hard time showering. The decor and furniture must have been as old as the building. The kitchen was in horrible shape. Apparently this place is located right up the street from "Miracle Mile" which is where the hookers hang out. I just definitely wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, maybe except for someone who needs a cheap place to live...our neighboring room was occupied by someone who paod weekly to live there!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank gvkatiebug

Reviewed January 9, 2013

My business partner and I visit Tucson every year and we stayed at numerous motels. All we did was sleep there. The owners are very nice to us, and we would stay there again. For the people that do not like the place go some place else and pay 4 to 5 times more. We do not travel 3,000 miles to live in a motel room.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Scott Z
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I booked true expedia . Had to pay at checking in 1/3 more than agreed.
Looks old and no maintenace dirty...
Owners/managers not nice did not wane help.

I called expedia and thank god they give me a coupon to compensate.

I travel hole the time and stsy in manny budget hotels, this id one of the wurst ever been

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Rene B
Reviewed May 22, 2012

When we checked in it was like a nightmare.

This place makes a motel 6 a five star. Everything was either cheap, broken, filthy. I walked around the room and bath in sandals it was so yuck!

Disgusting, outdated, filthy and would never touch the pool, EWWW!

Checked out early. Beware they don't refund.

Will never return avoid this place like the plague.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank springair
Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Worst motel ever! Dirty rooms,mold/mildew in bathroom, grease build-up in kitchen, torn flooring, no hot water, air conditioning doesn't work very well, wii-fi didn't work, had to ask them several times for pool access, pool full of dead bugs & bees coming out of cracks in the cement. Motel very out-dated, junk appliances all over lot...the list goes on & on..
We checked out days early, cockroaches & other bugs in room!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank tjandvfraser
Reviewed February 19, 2012

History well kept! I do not know about the other reviews but I have been coming to this hotel for many years. I make a trip once every year with a large group and always stay here. The staff is very friendly and nice and the rooms are clean. We love the grass and garden area they have by the pool especially in the summer time it is a great spot to sit at night. The place is very quiet as well. I always keep coming back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank yahoo8
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Short version:
Uncomfortable room
Small bathroom with non-working shower
Cockroaches
Unapologetic staff
They never even let us know when check out time was, a lot of things were not communicated

The Copper Cactus Inn was the cheapest motel in Tucson. Now, I'm not usually squeamish about cheap motels. I know the drill, bring in my own blankets and soap and whatnot; but this place takes the cake. None of the reviews for this place, giving it a mediocre if not great-for-the-price rating, indicated the lo(oooo)w level of quality here.

Maybe the room wasn't carpeted because it was a smoking room (?) and maybe the guy we saw scoping out our van in the parking area at midnight was just a lost paper boy...Either way the bathroom was extremely small which gives one a good view of the cockroach circus crawling out of the sink drain.

The most frustrating part was the shower. Yes, even if my husband was able to put up with the low and awkward water pressure the drain refused to drain! The small 2" step down into the shower quickly filled as the drain refused to do its job and instead would have flooded the entire room.

We discovered this problem at around midnight and, as the owners didn't let us know how to get a hold of them, decided it was best to wait to talk to them about it in the morning and not go banging on doors in the middle of the night. This was extremely disappointing though because the entire reason we got a room in the first place was to shower after 2 long Weeks of hard work at the gem show.

The next morning the owners were everything but understanding or apologetic and refused to give even a partial refund for our two night stay. I will never give them my money again nor would I ever recommend anyone else to either.

Yuck.