1,103 results
All reviews py steakhouse golf course tequila factory festa buffet pool area rooms are beautiful beautiful resort non smoking hotel staff tucson area ume ava spa bingo desert valet arizona
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

So I've reviewed this place in the past, and have loved my stays and play time there from day one. I have always held Casino Del Sol on the highest pedestal! But I experienced something this last time that I hadn't before, which made me think....we are all human after all, and mistakes happen! I decided to eat at the PY Steak house, I had been saving my money for my Mom's visit as it's rather costly there. Anyway, I saw French Onion soup on the menu and chose it because it has been a "comfort" food between us for years. When I would visit her in VA. on a cold day, we'd make it and sit and chat and eat! So we ordered it. Forty minutes later not only did we not have our prime rib dinner yet, but we still did not have our soup. Our hostess and waitress did apologize a couple of times for the delay and promised it was "still coming!" Well it did, and I'm not making this up....but the soup was made up of water and a thick paste of some sort that tasted like soy sauce. It did have onions in it, but the whole thing was inedible. They did not charge us for the soup and were very kind. They did comp a desert and glass of wine, which was admirable. The prime rib dinner was awesome once it arrived. Later that evening while on the casino floor, I asked a waitress for a bottle of water, at which point she replied she only serves card players! She was just standing there, I thought that was odd, but just walked away. Then the next day we went to Moby's and was seated by the kitchen, which was ok but I noticed the orders being sent to the kitchen machine was overflowing and some falling to the floor. No one was there and all the servers were running around in a panic state, without smiles on their faces. I realized they were understaffed as I watched food sit for over 10 minutes up on the heat counter. We continued to wait, eventually was served, just took another 40 minutes and the place wasn't even packed. I still love this hotel, but wanted to note things do happen everywhere....no matter how wonderful the place is. You just have to be forgiving and understand that. I also feel it's a management issue above all else.

Room Tip: Pool side is awesome, and the higher up you are the better!
  • Stayed: October 2018, traveled with family
JacquelineM3328, Guest Relations Manager at Casino Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Brenda B,

Thank you for your rating and review. We deeply apologize for your experience but appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this very valuable feedback. I will share your comments with our Food and Beverage Management Team so we can prevent situations like this from occurring in the future. Thank you again and we hope you give us another chance soon.

Warmest regards,
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

This was my first concert at this venue and I was very pleased with the staff, my safety, cleanliness of the hotel and concert venue. The sound was amazing so I'm not sure why that person is complaining below. The staff were doing thier job and every concert venue in Arizona has nearly the same requirements. It's all to keep us safe. I had only one complaint in that the steakhouse was closed on Sunday and I think that if you host a sold out concert you should have that restaurant open. The other food was not to that level unless you like buffets which we do not. We ended up going 8 Miles away to silver saddle steakhouse and it was great. Styx was amazing, security protected us from people trying to take our front row seats and it was the most affordable front row tickets I have ever had. Room service and excellent. Staff was very helpful and very friendly. But then again I treat people with respect.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Annie V,

We can't thank you enough for your terrific rating and review. We are very happy to hear you had an amazing time during your stay and at the Styx Concert. Please visit us again soon, we have a ton of wonderful shows coming soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2018

First, check-in at the hotel was easy. We stayed the night of the awesome "Styx" concert as we knew we'd be reluctant to drive 1&1/2 hours home afterward. The rooms are pretty nice there, but we usually get them free as we are gamblers there, so paying $150+ per night might alter our rating down just a bit... Next, the AVA venue- we gladly pay for good seats, and are always satisfied with the sound & view in general. Alcohol is expensive there- I paid $17 (+tip?) for a double shot of G.Goose w/cranberry splash- tasted watered down. But, overall, a great show!...Casino- we love "Ultimate Texas Hold'em" and are very disappointed that the "pit" now insists on a $10-$15 minimum. This translates into $40-$60 PER HAND MINIMUM to play through ONE hand! They also have replaced many traditional card table games with these goofy, convoluted games that have silly sucker bets, and bad odds overall. All designed to take the novice's money quickly. Few tables open to pick from. (We DID do OK on Slots though) We're glad there's more than one place in town to choose from.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear David B,

Thank you for your review and rating. We also appreciate your gaming feedback. I will share this with the proper areas to help us improve where we can. We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

We found the accommodations was pleasing and the staff was most accommodating. They had answers to all our questions and I Am not talking lip-service, but actually getting right to the core of any issues and we had none. The setting was very beautiful, the outdoor fireplace provided the romantic obviousance near the pool area and that provided the romantic stay every couple would enjoy. It was a pleasure to they there.

Room Tip: Rooms are quite spacious and the suites are beautiful with a great view of the mountains. A/C really keeps you cool and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Willie K

Dear Willie K,

Thank you for your wonderful review and rating. It makes us very excited to see you noticed some of our special qualities as a property and team. We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

We went to see the band Styx last night at AVA amphitheater. It was our third time to see them, one of our favorite live bands. The staff was extremely rude to us. It was one thing to make my wife take her purse back to her car (because it wasn’t see through, which was not mentioned when we purchased tickets). Then after coming all the way back they told her she couldn’t bring in her tiny 6 inch collapsible umbrella (it was raining). She was so frustrated she threw it in the garbage instead of going all the way back to the car again in the rain. The sound was so awful there, they completely ruined the bands performance. To add insult to injury, the staff was extremely rude every time we turned around. We’ve been to numerous concerts at Desert Diamond and had wonderful experiences with the staff. Last time for us to AVA amitheater. Shame on Casino Del Sol for letting their staff be so rude!!!

Stayed: October 2018, traveled with family

Dear Kate B,

Allow me to apologize on behalf of the entire team and thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. It is helpful in improving our overall service. Our team works very hard to ensure all guest have a wonderful time and it looks like we’ve missed the mark in this instance. We hope you will consider giving our property another chance in the near future.

Warm regards,