“Enjoyed My Mini Vacation”
Review of Casino Del Sol

Casino Del Sol
Ranked #8 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We come here at least once a month for a fun mini vacation. The hotel & staff are great, the gaming fun, the spa fantastic, and PY's restaurant A-1. I think Del Sol is Arizona's best casino/resort.....

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carol G
MVollmer, Manager at Casino Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful review. We are so pleased you have chosen Casino Del Sol Resort as the place to take your "mini vacations". We look forward to your next one with us soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I absolutely love going here! Its just a refreshing atmosphere. My husband and I went to the Spa and were treated like king and queen. All the staff was very friendly and the person that did my massage was incredible. I believe her name was Vanessa. I've had lots of massages in the past, but this one was by far the best I've ever had!! Vanessa was great at what she does, very attentive and curtious. I didn't want to leave and as soon as I was done I booked another one with her. Highly recommended!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank llcool11
MVollmer, Manager at Casino Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you very much for your lovely comments about our Hiapsi Spa and our Team Member Vanessa. I will share your comments with Vanessa and her supervisor. We look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

When we plan our trips we always check to see if there are any nice Indian casino hotels along the way and Casino Del Sol is the best we’ve found so far. We stayed in a Sky Level Suite room 1007. Half bath off the foyer, one balcony off the living area and another balcony off the bedroom (both with mountain views), wet bar, huge master bathroom, big HD televisions, turn down service with water, chocolates & mints, very nice!

We were both blown away when we saw the main casino. They did a superb job of making you feel like you’re really outside. I don’t think my pictures do it justice, it was beautiful.

Our only complaints about the room were that we got stuck in a handicapped room (they took $$ off after I complained) and their decorators choice in furniture was very strange in our opinion. We posted a lot of pictures so you can see what we mean.

And something that is very important... the hotel has a connected but very separate entrance than the casino which is a must ! After staying here we spent the last night of our trip at Talking Stick in Scottsdale, WOW, what a difference! Casino Del Sol makes Talking Stick look like a garbage dump.

As far as the dining is concerned, PY Steakhouse & Tequila Factory were very good, the Buffet & Moby’s were okay, and Abuelita’s was downright horrible.

If it’s your first time there make sure you sign up for a players card, you’ll get $10 in free play and a free dinner buffet which also happens to be buy one, get one free, after 8 pm Monday - Wednesday (both free).

We wish we could include a stay at a casino hotel like Casino Del Sol every time we travel. Hopefully we can go back some day.

Room Tip: splurge on a sky level suite if you can
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
MVollmer, Manager at Casino Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you for that wonderful review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you will be able to return very soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Had been impressed when spending a couple of nights at the Casino del Sol last year during a conference by the friendliness of the staff, overall service and product - could not find a single negative thing to say! Came back nearly a year later on a sold out night with a Mariachi Festival in-house, expected a drop off in something due to the crowds, etc. - but I was totally off-base. Service from check-in to check-out was again above average - every employee (Housekeeping, Security, Dining, Casino) greeted us with a smile and a greeting. Wife enjoyed a great massage, dinner in the steakhouse was superb, breakfast offerings the following morning at the buffet restaurant were more than expected - but really, I cannot stay enough about how well the staff greets and services everyone - I felt as though I had a badge that said VIP on or something! Will look forward to returning many times again - my first choice when visiting Tucson now! Want to try out the new golf course as well!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
MVollmer, Manager at Casino Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Wow, what a great review. We truly appreciate your comments. We want all of our guests to feel like they are VIPs, and it sounds like we accomplished that for you. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Can't imagine finding a better room, more accommodating pool, or fabulous golf course in all of Southern Arizona. The rooms still have a brand new feel to them, and I have never stayed at a hotel that had better window coverings to keep the sun out in the morning. Also rather impressed by the number of poker players for a Tuesday night.

Room Tip: The pool view is spectacular.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are very excited about our new golf club, Sewailo Golf Club, and pleased you enjoyed it. We hope you will return soon.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Went and played the new golf course which has massive fairways with many water feature holes and then stayed the night. Hotel rooms are very nice and large. Overall great getaway at a reasonable price

• Stayed: June 2014

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will return to Casino Del Sol Resort on your next "get-away".

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have always enjoyed my times at the Casino Del Sol spa. I recently had a massage that was fantastic. But booking was an issue. I called, no answer, left a message, no call back, so decided to call again a few days later. Ashley was the receptionist who helped me. Unfortunately, she was unfriendly and seemed to have become frustrated as we were juggling times of the services I was seeking. She was not helpful in finding a solution that would allow the booking of multiple services.

As the day approached, it was Ashley working as the receptionist, and again she was not personable or real friendly. Perhaps, I expected too much when I thought being greeted with a smile was the norm.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank VanessaQ455

Please allow me to apologize for the lack of service you received at our Hiapsi Spa. We always want to ensure our guests have a pleasant and relaxing experience while at the spa, and it sounds like we missed the mark in this case. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.