“Two thumbs up!”
Review of Casino Del Sol

Casino Del Sol
Ranked #9 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel is beautiful! Stayed in a Sky Suite that was absolutely wonderful. I enjoyed a beautiful sunset over the desert standing on the balcony from our suite on the top floor. The bed was extremely comfortable with nice comfy pillows. The bathroom mirror has a TV in the mirror! The decor was very tasteful with a Tuscan flair. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a gorgeous pool, outdoor ampitheater and casino. Several great restaurants to select from. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: I recommend a Sky Suite with a balcony!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TerrysTours
There are newer reviews for Casino Del Sol

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Spent the weekend here for a 30th birthday celebration. Arrived during an Arizona monsoon storm where it was pouring, the Valet asked if we could pull the car out from under the cover because we had a lot of things due to my wife being the host of the party for the weekend. He said we were holding up the line and he told us we needed to unload in the rain...His supervisor overheard this and instructed him to go get a baggage cart and help us. You think they would have offered this to start. Besides this small distraction, I have nothing but good say about this resort. Casino was not too smokey and for a busy Saturday night you could usually find they table or machine you wanted with little or no waiting. We had some of the most amazing Sushi at An Del Sol which is located just off the Casino floor. Champagne brunch on Sunday left a lot to be desired, but it was only $5.00 as I got a coupon when signing up for the players card the day before. So after a few glasses of of bubbly, I got my moneys worth. "Soak" pool party on Sunday was a perfect place to do some good day drinking, that is until another storm decides to blow in. All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank x420timex
Reviewed July 24, 2012

As a fellow hotelier in the gaming industry, I was thoroughly impressed with this property. We had gamed earlier in the week and enjoyed the experience, but we had made this trip to Arizona to get married and chose this hotel to do it. The bell staff in and out were polite, efficient and knowlegable. Both informed us of the property features and upcoming additions (golf course). We had the good fortune to stay in one of the Sky Suites which was a nicely appointed as most Vegas suites. Nice space and furnishings, more than ample bathroom, beautiful views and teh bed was quite relaxing.

We also had the chance to eat in the new buffet and the layout and variety was well thought out. Service was attentive as well. I want to make sure that I also give high markes to An, the sushi restaurant within the casino. It was fabulous. As good as the best sushi places I've ever experienced and the house specialties are worth trying.

I will return when I can stay longer in the hotel, but we have visited this casino when visiting the area several times over the last few years, and I really enjoy coming here.

Room Tip: The hotel is new so every room must be nice, views on one side of the hotel overlooks the complex an...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shakey26
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is an absolutely beautiful establishment. The rooms are lovely and new and clean. Many restaurants to choose from on site. And a beautiful pool area. Obviously there is a casino also and they even have matched the sky at Caesars Palace Forum Shops.

Theres a good range of restaurants from the more elegant to a 24 hour restaurant. There's also a Starbucks on site.

The only thing that could use improving is the wait at the check in line. There never seemed to be enough people on staff .

Highly recommended !!

Room Tip: Room with a view of the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PeggyfromChicago
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very nice modern rooms. Casino pretty and not too smokey. Family enjoyed playing there. Went to pool with our son after the Sunday afternoon adult party was over. Not good. Rough and drink crowd out there. We left. Choose another day if you have children. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Checked in to an accessible room on 13 May 2012 for one night. The room which was well equipped and, of course, brand new, was located close to the elevators on the 3rd floor. Amenities included a Keurig coffee maker, fridge, and a large tv. We had a room with two extremely comfortable beds which was great. Bathroom very large with roll-in shower. So happy to have experienced a very relaxing and comfortable stay and slept well in their beds.

The staff was warm and friendly - everyone we ran into greeted us and was willing to open a door, etc. I ordered a hamburger from room service and asked if they would cut it in half as I didn't think I'd be in the room when it arrived. The service we received upon delivery was absolutely phenomenal from a young man who donned food gloves and cut my spouse's burger. The care with which he treated my disabled spouse was so heartwarming I almost cried. (I have to admit I don't recall his name to call out here.) Also, special thanks to Conception who stopped her work in the lobby to open the door while I was pushing a wheelchair! While we didn't use the pool on this visit due to time constraints, it was absolutely drop-dead gorgeous with spouting water and cabanas and palm trees. Our room overlooked the valet parking area, which worked out great as my spouse could see me "come and go" from the hotel; however, I suspect others might prefer to see a view of the pool.

We ate in the Fiesta restaurant as the package we booked through TripAdvisor came with 2 meals. (Thursdays they have seafood so plan accordingly.) The buffet dinner had a large selection from which to choose including Chinese, Sushi, Salad, Pasta bar, a decent selection of desserts and more. It was typical buffet food.

The hotel is easy to find on Valencia - keep driving West from I-19 and you cannot miss it. It is a bit of a drive on Valencia west of I-19 which is always congested no matter the time of day but it's worth an extra 5 minutes drive if you want to use the casino, pool, or relax in a modern, new hotel with the friendliest staff ever! Oh, and they even have free valet parking which is a nice feature! (Please be nice and tip the attendant upon retrieval.)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Fireworks were great. Room was clean. Everyone friendly. Room was quiet. Bed comfortable. Buffet was good.

Having one set of elevators is a problem. After the fire works there was a very long line to get to your room. Hate to see what it would look like in an emergency.

Would have been nice if there was a lighted mirror in the bathroom to put on makeup. Needed a hair dryer, there is none in the room.

Pool is not heated, to cool for our liking. After putting our feet in the water, we didn't go swimming.

We could not see the fireworks with our two adult kids at the pool side since they were not staying there. Guests of the hotel should be allowed to bring one guest to see the fireworks display at the pool area.

Had to stand in line again at the front desk to get a wrist band to go to the pool. Should be handed out to you when you check in.

Needs a non-smoking casino area.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple