Casino Del Sol
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Starr Pass Golf Suites(Tucson)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Econo Lodge(Tucson)
Economy Inn(Tucson)
Lazy 8 Motel(Tucson)
Regal Inn(Tucson)
Quality Inn(Tucson)
View Hotel
All reviewspy steakhousegolf coursetequila factoryfesta buffetsky levelkeurig coffee makerpool arearooms are beautifulbeautiful resorthotel staffnon smokingtucson areaumeyaquispabingodesert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 3, 2012

This new hotel is beautiful. The rooms are spacious and tastefully appointed. We had a large flat screen and a comfy chair in our two queen room. The shower was a bit strange because the half glass didn't really prevent water from getting all over the floor, so even though it was nice to look at it wasn't very functional. The pool area is lush and the beach-like entry was really great for our two little ones, but unfortunately that was the only kid-friendly thing about the place. Other than the pool, there is nothing for kids to do. Better to just leave them at home and plan on gambling or dining at one of the restaurants. The buffet was just nasty, and for $20/pp it was NOT worth it. Mr. An's was delicious and the steakhouse looked promising but was closed the two days we were there. The room service burger we had after striking out at the buffet was great, wish we had just stayed in our room to eat. Although the casino said they had live music, there wasn't anything the two days we were there. All in all it was a nice staycation for us, but since the resort is so secluded with little to offer other than gambling, I can think of better places to stay around Tucson.

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces the pool, so you at least have a bit of a view. Otherwise you are looking at scrub brush and housing developments.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cbjebe
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We just arrived home after a one weeks vacation in Arizona. We stayed at several different
hotels, in Tuscon, Scottsdale and Sedona. Our 2 night stay at Casino Del Sol Resort was
the absolute best by far. The rooms were very clean, beautiful and the beds were very
comfortable. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The pool is also outstanding. My husband also thought the breakfast buffett in the Casino was excellent (I don't breakfast).
Also, we thought the casino was great. It is the only Casino in Arizona that we did win money at, and had the least amount of smoke. We loved, loved this hotel, hands down it was the best
place we stayed at and we did stay at other Hotels which were more expensive. We both recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the fourth floor or above, also the pool side is has a wonderful view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nanney12
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My friends and I have stayed in this hotel three times now, the most recent being this weekend (Thursday, March 29 through Saturday March 31). We love this hotel and casino. The rooms are beautifully appointed. We have NEVER had a problem with hotel staff. On the contrary, everyone is helpful, and very cheerful. We love the restaurants, and especially having a drink in Mr. An's bar. The pool area is phenomenal. Very comfortable lounges, pool, and two jacuzzis. We live in Tucson, and go to the resort for our getaways every month. I don't foresee us stopping this practice any time soon.

Room Tip: We like rooms near the ice and water machines at the end of the hall. We have never had a problem with noise and have stayed on the 7th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sandy M
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We are a 40 something couple traveling by car. We had just traveled 6 hours to get to what we thought was a premier destination resort. When we turned off of the interstate, we kept driving and driving and driving. Finally, we saw the hotel in the middle of nowhere. There is no grand entrance or curb appeal to this place. Just a tiny little 2 way road. We missed it in fact. Once you get on the road, you have to drive around to the back of the property . We drove up to the valet area, parked and got out to check-in. It was actually the entrance to the casino. The entrance to the hotel is not marked and looks like doors to a conference area. Once in, the interior is not resort standards. While checking in we were told that there would be a $100 'hold' on our credit card during our stay. There was no explanation for the 'hold' and it was not mentioned on their website. We got our key and moved our car to the parking garage - all the way around to the back of the hotel which is now the front of the property. We got up to our room and although it had some upgraded features, it was smaller than most hotel rooms and definately not a resort level room. We had a view of the pool and the mountains which was nice. Before we went to the car to bring our luggage in, we decided to sit and have a drink. The small lounge was well furnished with couches and chairs as well as a bar. But, no bartender. We were wisked away but some guest relations employee who told us she would take us to a quiet lounge for drinks because this lounge was closed until 3pm (no sign telling the guest that). She took us to the High Rollers bar where there was a tv blaring, the stench of cigarette smoke, uncomfortable bar chairs and a snotty bartender. Once the bartender realized we were not part of the High Rollers club she snubbed us. She told my husband that they did not carry his brand of tequila (Cuervo Gold) because it was a lower quality tequila. Then she gave me a cocktail menu and I ordered some Mosacto wine and she said we don't carry that. Then she said they were out of it. That tipped me over the edge. I went to the front desk of the hotel, asked to speak to a manager. I explained that I was not happy with the 'resort' and that I did not want to stay. After an offer of a discounted rate (which I turned down), I was told there was a cancellation fee. I refused to pay it. After disappearing through a closed door several times, she finally said that my credit card would be credited the full amount and the $100 'hold' would be lifted. We left vowing to never return.

If you are expecting a 'resort' please reconsider your stay. It is nothing more than a typical casino hotel that is trying to sell itself as an upscale resort. The location is terrible, the smoke is terrible in all of the public areas inside and the front staff have nothing better to do than stand around and laugh.

I do appreciate the employee that responded to my request to cancel the reservation. It was kind of like a new car purchase where she kept going behind closed doors to figure out how to resolve the issue. Nonetheless, she was professional.

We ended up staying at The Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa in Tucson.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank vodaelixer
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Steve ‎ - Mar 27, 2012
Once again I have had a disappointing and now perhaps final stay at your hotel. I have made comment in the past about other visit disappointments but I have never received a response. I have, what I feel are, significant guest relations issues.  When I approach a front desk person I don't get a satisfactory response. The staff acts like this is their first day on the job with no training.  This hotel opened with incredible hype but has yet to live up to that hype, based on my previous visits.  Maid service is sorely lacking in completeness. I found an empty Diet Pepsi bottle and a guest Club Sol Membership card (silver) with dust bunnies on both, under the chaise, when the technicians worked on the air conditioning.  The air conditioning unit failed. Service was long delayed until the technicians (showed at 2200hrs) tried to fix it and replaced the thermostat 3 times, eventually had to rely on a maintenance person (who did not show up until 2350 hrs). He changed the, incredibly dirty, filter and connected a black wire that had the appearance of never having been connected. I apparently had to wait for this particular maintenance person because he was 3rd shift staff and previous shift staff did not want to take on the task.  I had to make multiple visits to the front desk with front desk staff acting like total amateurs.  During this stay housekeeping was noticeably absent and when late afternoon manager was queried, he reported her statement that I left a door hanger sign to indicate later service. I have never used one of those signs in any hotel. A new hotel is expected to have some issues but this kind of mechanical breakdown, ineffective staff and lack of representation from management leaves the customer with a less than stellar opinion. No recommendations will be forthcoming. I am a Club Sol Member, platinum

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo