“New Resort!”

Ranked #9 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Phoenix, Arizona
“New Resort!”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

I stayed at the new casino resort during the week of Thanksgiving. The resort is a beautiful hotel and the casino is nice as well. They had only been open for a few weeks so they still had a few kinks to work out. The buffet was not open yet and another of the other restaurants were not open either because it was a weekday night. This was disappointing because I was traveling with my family from Ohio and they were looking forward to trying out the buffet and restaurants.

The rooms were very nice. The decorations were great and the rooms were very quiet. The bed was very comfortable and there was plenty of closet and drawer space. I enjoyed the in room safe. There was a refrigerator in the room as well. There was no minibar in the room. They had great ammenities! The showers in the bathroom were all tile. The only issue was that it was glass enclosed but had no door so the floor got wet and slippery. They had no bath mats or bath mat towels so I had to use the large towels. There were also no wash cloths so you had to use hand towels in the shower. My parents room was just like mine. The only issue they had was that they did not have cold water in the shower that morning.

We tried the chonese restaurant. We thought that the food was good. The portion sizes were nice and the service was fast. We also tried their 24 hour restaurant for breakfast. The food was fair but the proces were good. The service in the restaurant for breakfast was not necessarily the friendliest but I think the staff was getting used to the menu and service. We also used the starbucks in the casino. The starbucks in the hotel area closed by like 8:00 PM at night so that was disappointing. But, you could walk to the starbucks in the other end of the casino.

The bathroom facilities were okay in the casino. For a new resort though the toilets and sinks appeard old. My mother and I both noticed this.

The pool area looked great. There were nice cabanas and also a nice pool bar and restaurant. The covered parking garage attached was very nice. It was a little chilly and you could smell smoke in the casino. The ampitheatre area looked very nice!

We joined the casino rewards club. It was somewhat odd as they had no brochures which discussed their promotions or their rewards levels. The price for the room seemed a bit high at $159 for one night mid week.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Casino Del Sol, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Dear Michelle C,

Great to hear about your experience as you seemed to travel to just about every corner of the resort and saw it all first hand! Thanks for taking the time to do such a detailed review of Casino Del Sol Resort.

Yes, Festa International Buffet is now hours away from opening to the public; sorry our timeline didnt connect well with your vacation this time but I can assure you it will be well worth the trip to return and enjoy a meal there.

The shower door issue we are aware of and are looking at possible options. Sorry we missed some amenitiy details in your room; bathmats and washcloths should have been there when you arrived and I have advised housekeeping about the oversight.

As we are just 4 weeks new, we are still looking at our restaurant hours and adjusting where we see the need and the demand...thanks for the notes on PY SteakHouse and Starbucks.

With such a great perspective...I do hope you can make it back again soon and tell us how much we have improved...more great things are just around the corner!

Be well,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Douglas, Arizona
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Spend 2 nights at the Casino Del SOl hotel, and Casino. The rooms are beautiful, albiet non-smoking unless you get a $300+ per night suite, and you can only smoke out on the balcony in those. Coffee maker used the PODs, but the tap water tasted terrible, so bring your own bottled water, small fridge, safe, internet (??? price) available.. Casino is allright, althou it is a bit on the small side, with 2 separated main floors. Food is an issue however.. You can eat at Mobys, which is reminiscent of Dennys sort of, Abuelitas, which is a little taco type stand with flovorless carne asada (Chicken Tacos and Posole were good), Tequilla Factory (Expensive) but supposedly good, AN restraunt (Sushi etc., expensive and small sushi rolls), and coming soon, the Buffet on 12-12-11.. Hopefully the buffet will outshine others in Tucson, and be offered at a reasonable price. Apparently they have a bar at the pool, a conference center, parking garage, 2 starbucks, 4 oteher bars (2 casino, 2 hotel) etc. etc... Had a good time, just wish we could have won something besides comped rooms.. Join the club, and get freebies (as with any casino).. Extremely pleased with the hotel comfort, and service there..

Dear Carl T,

I want to thank you for your thorough review of Casino Del Sol Resort's amenities and I was well-pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort and service at the hotel.

Our Festa International Buffet is now in its soft opening and I think you will be rather impressed; more a Vegas-style showplace of tempting delicasies than simply "a buffet". I look forward to hearing more about what you think when you next have occasion to visit us.

Also, be sure to check about some of our upcoming player specials...hop to see you soon!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Just finished a lovely evening and morning at CDS and it was just what the doctor ordered. The hotel is not only elegant in appearance, but well run with very friendly and professional personal. I highly recommend the Tequjla Factory, the gaming amenities and the gorgeous view of Southeastern Ariz. Prices are in accordance with 4 star hotels, restaurants and other tribal casinos. Would recommend it to anyone for any time.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Casino Del Sol, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Dear kurdmugeun,

"Thanks-O"!

It is great to hear that you had such a nice time with us and that you felt our service, rates, and amenities are in line with a true 4-star resort. With so many more features still to come - Festa International Buffet opening on December 7th and our golf course on 12-12-12 - we hope to see you back time and time again...doctors orders or not!

Be well and, again, thank you for the recommendation.
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Pricey yet plush comforts. Staff is very friendly and goes out of way to comfort guests. Casino buffet restaurant not open yet, should have been though! Drinks while gambling are not free although casino has been designed with Las Vegas architecture in mind.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Casino Del Sol, responded to this review, November 26, 2011
Dear Culturalist ,

Thank you for your favorable comments regarding your stay with us. Price wise, we are aligned favorably with the 5 or 6 other upper-tier resorts in Tucson and we watch our rates daily to make sure our rates stay attractive when future guests are prioce shopping for a high-end resort experience. The Festa International Buffet opens December 7th and will capture true Vegas-style with showplace food stations and a wide variety of tempting delicacies from around the globe.

Please stop in for another visit in early December and enjoy the newest addition to our incredible dining options!
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed November 22, 2011

The room we stayed in had a beautiful view of the mountains & pool. The bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows and an elegant bedspread. We enjoyed the widescreen TV with plenty of channels to choose from, and enjoyed having the Keurig coffee maker in the room. The bathroom had a nice glass & tile shower. This experience was far more than an average hotel or motel room. The parking garage was very convenient to the hotel & casino. I enjoyed coffee at one of the two Starbucks shops. The resort has several restauants to dine in and will soon have a new buffet. It is a great place to stay while enjoying all the entertainment in the casino. I might add that the rooms are very quiet & relaxing.

Room Tip: We requested a room with a view from the 8th floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Casino Del Sol, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Dear Jeanne B,

I just read your review of our property and would like to thank you for your positive comments. Since opening, we are realizing more and more that we are "raising expecations" here in Tucson and your thoughts certainly reflect that fact. From the Keurig coffee makers to the 4-story covered parking garage to a choice of Starbucks locations....I am pleased to hear that we are executing with brilliance on everything our guests are expecting.

BTW - Festa International Buffet - our Vegas-style buffet - is opening in less than 2 weeks and our next major expansion is coming 12-12-12.

Come on back again soon and enjoy everything that is new!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Nice hotel and casino with some good places to eat. We were there for a concert in the amphitheatre which is a lovely venue.

Dear AnAislingSkye,

I would agree with you...AVA is a wonderful venue for concerts and I was pleased to hear that you had a nice time with us. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your next visit to Casino Del Sol Resort.
Vail, Arizona
Reviewed November 15, 2011

The staff was extremely professional, kind and caring from the Valet service to the morning of check out at the Front Desk and everyone else in between. AVA venue for concerts was the best and let me tell you, every seat is fantastic. I had a wonderful 2 night stay during the casino's grand opening weekend. They certainly rolled out the red carpet and made guests feel lavished upon. I was so impressed with all the restaurants including PY Steakhouse, Mr. An's, Moby’s and not to mention room service at midnight! The hotel room is simply beautiful and relaxing and I especially liked the rooms being so large, comfortable and quiet with all the amenities you can think of! The view from my room looked over their incredible pool with fire pits, poolside bars, and a large selection of comfortable seating and of course they have spared no expense on the landscaping. I spent half a day at the Spa and enjoyed every relaxing moment of it. The staff made sure I was happy and content. I have experienced many spas in Tucson and this one is the BEST. They also have an exercise room with nice new equipment next to the spa. I would highly recommend this resort and casino to anyone who wants to getaway, relax, have fun and enjoy what Tucson has to offer. I look forward to staying at the Casino Del Sol Resort very soon.

Dear VANNA R,

Where do I begin to express my gratitude for your kind words about your experience over our opening weekend? It was - and is - truly magical for us as well. I am glad that we met and exceeded your expecations and that we hit the mark in every operating area that you visited. I will send your comments over to food and beverage, spa, landscaping, pool operations, and all the rest so that they can share your praise with our team members.

We also are looking forward to your next vacation with us as well. Hope to see you soon!