“Worst Sushi, Inedible Giant Clam”
Review of sachiko sushi II

sachiko sushi II
Ranked #354 of 2,048 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I'm not sure what I was thinking when I stopped for sushi in Tucson. I didn't know sushi could taste this old and flavorless. I ordered a giant clam that was absolutely inedible. They charged me anyway. Our bill was $80.81 for 2 adults and 3 children, which isn't that bad if it had actually been good. I spent about the same for 1 adult and 3 children for sushi last week, somewhere else, of course, but it was super delicious. We all left Sachiko Sushi II feeling ill and disappointed. We weren't hungry enough to eat again, but we weren't full or satisfied either. We could have done so many better things with $80 on our vacation in Tucson.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

I stumbled across this place while I was heading to Tucson airport from town. It was a little surprising to see a Japanese restaurant in what feels like the middle of the desert where you'd expect to find Mexican or Southwestern restaurants. I had a lunch special, tempura and teriyaki beef with the usual rice and salad on the side. It was obviously nothing like eating in Japan but it tasted authentic and I was definitely full by the time I was done. The one complaint I had was that there was only one shrimp in the tempura! I was expecting two or three. The bill came out to $12, very reasonable for the amount of food I had. I might give this place another try if I'm in Tucson again, especially with the good location near the airport.

Reviewed May 7, 2011

We were driving from Los Angeles to Texas when we overnighted in Tuscon. We were so very happy to find this Japanese Restaurant and cannot recommend it enough. The service was good, and the food was just terrific. I had mixed plate with tempura,chicken, rice, salad, soup, and fruit, and the price was only $12.00 . . . what a bargain! My wife had soba noodles in soup and she declared it was delcious, too. There is plenty of parking in their large lot, and the decor is simple and fun. If you want a Japanese meal, this is definitely the place to go.