“I have met with some hiking groups to hike here.”
Review of Sabino Canyon

Sabino Canyon
Ranked #4 of 320 things to do in Tucson
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the Catalina Mountains and part of the Coronado National Forest, this beautiful canyon offers outdoor recreation including hiking, swimming, biking and picnicking. For an overview of the area, take the narrated shuttle bus tour.
Reviewed October 2, 2017

You do have to pay to park , but it is a great area for scenery and hikes at different levels of skill. There is a paved road or a lot of dirt trails of varying skill levels with lots of support if you need help. My senior card from national parks gets me in free. Nice to be higher that Tucson , so it's a lot cooler.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,276)
All reviews
in 50 reviews
"sonoran desert"
in 114 reviews

Reviewed September 30, 2017

We hiked for nearly 3 hours! The canyon and area were magnificent! It was a perfect day for a long hike, though I didn't think we were going to hike that long. We just kept walking and walking. I could have had better shoes. There were blisters on both heels of my feet when I was done.

The roadrunners were fun to see... my first actual sighting of a roadrunner ever was here in Sabino Canyon! Very Cool!

We were told to keep an eye open for mountain lions... whether that be fact or fiction, I kept my eyes peeled for those mountain cats. I didn't want to be a big kitty's "tender vittles" by any means!

All in all, it was a great walk through the Canyon! Do it, but wear comfortable shoes, watch out for dangerous animals, bring a walking stick, and bring water, a hat, and your camera.

Reviewed September 28, 2017

It seems redundant to add yet another review of Sabino Canyon, but if you've never gone in on a bicycle you're missing a great experience. Even in summer you can ride in the early AM--and you have to, because it closes to bicyclists when it opens to everyone else at 9 AM. You'll get a work out uphill and then mainly coast back, enjoying the scenery. I've hiked here countless times but saw my first gila monster from the bike!

Reviewed September 27, 2017

The canyon and grounds were absolutely awesome. Nature in its beauty.
The tram was a good easy to see things on a hot day. It should have made more longer stops along the way. An hour in between trams was too long to have to wait.
They really need to work on the exhaust from the tram engine. Such a beautiful nature place, and the tram dumping copious amounts of foul smoke, and I was in the last row in an open car. terrible pollution in a national Forrest.