“Pleasant walk with some wild life”
Review of Sabino Canyon

and up
Tucson Day Tour
Ranked #2 of 301 things to do in Tucson
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the Catalina Mountains and part of the Coronado National Forest, this beautiful canyon offers outdoor recreation including hiking, swimming, biking and picnicking. For an overview of the area, take the narrated shuttle bus tour.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Perfect for tourist.. A way to see the mountains and desert. great trails ...Water in the streams sometimes. No car traffic. No pets.. Very nice.

1  Thank GARYCHRISTINA
There are newer reviews for Sabino Canyon

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Fortunately my wife dropped me off for an early morning hike since we lived close by, because when she returned to pick me up, the place was crawling with people. So charging for parking doesn't deter anyone. My hike was nice but many were out on the trail early.
I never did get to mountain bike here as the hours you can do so are limited, and those hours are too hot in the summer, and dark in the winter. I didn't want to rely on bike/headlamps on my first visit.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Sabino Canyon is a beautiful area in the Santa Catalina mountains surrounding Tucson. There are a number of places to hike for all skill levels. My favorite hike is the Telephone Line trail, which provides some beautiful views, but is better suited for more experienced hikers.

1  Thank Steven B
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I haven't been through all of Sabino Canyon because every time I go we always want to go back to Seven Falls. It is a great trail but you do need to be in okay shape to make it all the way to the falls which is the only reason people go. Be careful of the season if you go when it is at all hot make sure to take lots of water. Also be aware that if you go before monsoon season (July-August) the water will mostly be dried up. Best seasons are right after monsoon and right after winter snow fall comes down from the mountains. No fee if you hike the entire way but a lot of people (myself included) will pay for trolley ride to trail head.

2  Thank JNolinBrown
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I love Sabino since my first days at the U of A many moons ago. It starts out as beautiful Sonoran desert but as you ascend up the canyon (by foot or tram) the scenery changes with the running stream & change to trees from cactus. Of course the wild life is not predictable but usually there. Some nights get lucky & the U of A asrtronomy club has telescopes set up. There are always displays & education on our wonderful flora & fauna.

1  Thank garybgomez

Been to Sabino Canyon? Share your experiences!