“An absolute must...”

and up
Tucson Day Tour
Ranked #2 of 288 things to do in Tucson
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the Catalina Mountains and part of the Coronado National Forest, this beautiful canyon offers outdoor recreation including hiking, swimming, biking and picnicking. For an overview of the area, take the narrated shuttle bus tour.
Leavenworth, Washington
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“An absolute must...”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Anyone of any fitness level can enjoy this wonderful spot. We recommend that you walk the road or the trails. It is beautiful and not too much for anyone to do.

Visited January 2012

• Czech first
Tucson, Arizona
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“You must go!”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I live in Tucson, and I love going to Sabino Canyon with my husband whenever I can!! It's absolutely gorgeous and allows us to truly get away for the day. There are numerous different trails to choose from, all with different difficulty levels. Because of the mild weather, we even go in the winter! Our favorite trail is Seven Falls, which, after some rain, has gushing streams. At the end of the trail, there is a large oasis with pools of water, beautiful waterfalls and large rocks for sunbathing or picnicking. I highly recommend this hike! You won't be disappointed!

Visited November 2011
Tucson, AZ
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Never disappointed!”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I feel so privileged to live just a few minutes away from this paradise. My family and I absolutely love Sabino Canyon. It's the perfect place for a good walk, or a good run if you're so inclined. The scenery is gorgeous. In the spring, one of our favorite things to do is simply to pack a picnic, walk or take the tram to stop 8, and from there walk to the "beach" nearby where we'll spend several hours reading, exploring, swimming. (There are several of such beaches along the canyon- best enjoyed when the snow melt is running in the creek). Another great feature of the canyon is that it offers several trail heads to many beautiful hikes: Esperero Canyon, Bear Canyon/Seven Falls, and many others. Highly recommended.

Los Angeles, California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Amazing Desert oasis”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I love the nature. Great hiking. wonderful views. stunning natural rock formations. I like the tram that takes you up to the hiking trails but the smell of the fuel is overpowering. I wish they could get some electric vehicles so that the experience would be that much better.
The gift shop is rather nice with some unique gifts.
Sabino Canyon is perfect for the entire family and all generations.

Cleveland, OH
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful scenery”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We took the tram to the top of the canyon and walked back - it was worth every step. If you get tired, you can wait for the next tram and hop back on.