“Bring your target game?”

Starr Pass Golf Club
Ranked #11 of 87 Outdoor Activities in Tucson
More attraction details
Owner description: Finishing a round at this 18-hole course gives players an inviting desert golf experience, as the course winds its way through desert washes, over mountain passes and into box canyons.
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Bring your target game?”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

A well maintained course - I found the staff very friendly and willing to help make your outing a good one. I should up at 7:30am with no tee time. I was placed on the wait list. I asked if I could do some putting, but they suggested I visit the full range. They gave me a cart and off I went. When Josh had figured a time for me...he drove up to the range to let me know and made a person introduction with my playing partners. (well done).

By the course guide as there are some tricky spots where ball placement is a high premium. I played Coyote and Roadrunner. It was fun that the card offered a "Hybrid" tee selection.

Tee it up!

Visited September 2013

san francisco
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Awesome Golf Course”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a terrific track. Well maintained and very playable, but very challenging. Staff is first class. I always want to play Starr Pass whenever I am in Tucson.

Visited April 2013
San Bruno, California
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is a really nice track that is very challenging. You need to select the correct tees for your game, otherwise the course will have you for lunch.....
The fairways are well groomed, the spongy rough around the greens just grabs your ball with no release, and the greens are smooth and don't hold any approach shots. Bring them in high and below the hole.
The scenery around the course is desert and mountains, just beautiful. It was hard to concentrate on just golf during my round on Rattler/Roadrunner. The Rattler 9 is tougher than the Roadrunner 9, but you learn quickly to stay in the fairways or lose a lot of balls.
The pro shop staff is very professional and went out of their way to make my round a great one. I had bought a round on Golf Now, Deal Caddy for the Roadrunner/Coyote 18 and Coyote was not available the day I came in. They gave me a better deal for the Rattler/Roadrunner 18 which was really cheap for the experience of playing the Starr Pass course.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank DaveL52
Salem, Virginia
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Fantastic and Beautiful Challenge!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Although the edges were a bit ragged, Starr PassGolf Course is a fantastic layout in the Tucson area. No mundane "this hole looks like the last one" course here, this is a scenic and beautiful course. Even the starter is a real treat!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank George S
Midland, Michigan
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Golf”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Course was in excellent shape with the greens rolling true. Service is excellent as the staff does a great job to ensure you are welcome including name cards on the cart and lots of attention.

Visited March 2013