“Good course”

Starr Pass Golf Club
Ranked #10 of 77 Outdoor Activities in Tucson
More attraction details
Owner description: Finishing a round at this 18-hole course gives players an inviting desert golf experience, as the course winds its way through desert washes, over mountain passes and into box canyons.
minnesota
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Good course”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Nice layout. Most holes have enough forgiveness to be playable,but there are still some that require a carry or accurate shots. Rack rate is way too high,play only on a discounted fee online.

Tucson
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 228 helpful votes
“Goofy Golf”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I play this course every 2-3 years, just to remind myself why I don't like playing it. The course itself is usually in good condition, but it just doesn't work for me. False fronts, optical illusions, fairway flags, shots requiring precise placement off the tees, one nine where the second hole is a 220 yard uphill par 3, postage stamp landing areas, all make me feel like I'm playing a round of goofy golf than real golf. This is the only course where you can hit your driver straight at the fairway flag on a 400+ yard par 4 and never see your balll again. What kind of nonsense is that? Sure, there are a lot of good holes here, but the bad ones overshadow them.

Grover Beach, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great (tough) Course”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

This is one of those desert courses where if you hit off the fairway . Your going to your bag looking for another ball .. They had just reseeded the fairways so it was cart path only . Made of a long day .. Greens were fast and course was in good shape .. No walking this course .. Had a good time

Visited November 2011
Lake Worth, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed September 28, 2010

While I'm not much of a golfer, we found Starr Pass online and got a great price on a room for 4 days. We checked in after hours and were met by a very friendly security guard who treated us like royalty. The room and the view were amazing. Beautifully furnished and very spacious the room had everything we wanted except wireless internet. Although the ethernet connection worked intermittently, we used the wireless by the pool and made due. All in all it was a fantastic experience and we loved being by ourselves far away from town (about 20 minutes).

1 Thank soundguy555
New York
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Not a bad course, but not a great one either”
Reviewed March 3, 2007

Not a bad course but not great either. Quite a good amount of blind shots that would be fun on your second pass through the course, but on the first time through, you may suffer from perfectly executed shots that land you with no viable approach. IT was in good shape, and the pace of play could not have been any quicker. FYI, as it certainly helps the reader gauge my point of view--- I'm a low teens hcap.

I suggest Arizona National over this course if you have a choice in Tucson.

2 Thank armccaffrey