“Astounding and fun!”

Carnival of Illusion
Ranked #4 of 31 Concerts & Shows in Tucson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: STEP RIGHT UP and get ready to laugh, have fun, and celebrate a magical night out with Carnival of Illusion! This top-rated program is "Revitalizing Magic" by blending an international travel theme with all the charms of a Vaudeville-inspired roadshow. Travel up-close with the national recipients for "Excellence in Magic" and catch a lively slice of magical history! Carnival of Illusion is Magic, Mystery, and OOOH la la! This Must-See event is great for date-nights, anniversaries, celebrations and special nights out. Purchase tickets in advance. Due to the popularity and intimate seating, shows sell out. For audiences 10 years and older. Step right up, join the fun, and experience an Evening of Old-World Magic!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Tucson, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Astounding and fun!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have been living in Tucson fro ages and meaning to go. I finally made it happen, and I was not disappointed! It was an amazing show, full of just the right amount of wonder, theater and sass. I highly recommend it!

3 Thank Nancy K

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Chilliwack, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“I definitely expected more”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I am NOT in the habit of writing poor reviews, but on this one I can't help myself. I was extremely disappointed with this show. This is nothing close to a professional act, at best an amateur act. the Show lasts 80 minutes, with a short break at mid-point. The performers are engaging but the act feels very tired. It is called "Carnival Illusion" but there is no "illusion" at all during this show, only some small magic trick with cards and props. During few "tricks" I actually saw things hidden in the hand of the performer and how it was added to the trick. I agree with a reviewer that there is no need to pay $40 for front row, the room is very small, only 7 rows of 8 chairs per row and the last two row on high back bar chair. We paid $168 (tax and fee included) for 4 persons and while I understand this is not Vegas, I truly expected to be dazzled at time. I was not. The performers engages the audience, which is fun but some of the acts are not even a magic trick....just a performance of sort to pass the time. I attended this show ONLY as per TripAdvisor review, so I am still surprise for the 5* reviews for this show.

3 Thank Pounette166
Tucson, Arizona, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Carnival of Illusion”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I have been going to the Carnival of Illusion for years the show is absolutely amazing The magic is great you wonder how it is done If you want amazing night of magic and illusion you have to see this show
Steve & Kellie Jacobson

2 Thank Steve J
Fahaheel, Kuwait
96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“intimate atmosphere, good magic”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

They tell a story about your life together. Some old tricks, some new. Children may be bored attending. They show it both in Phoenix at the Arizona Hotel and in Tucson at an old Hyatt Hotel. Fun date night or birthday gift. Small venue where everyone will, I repeat will participate in the show. Shy people need not attend.

Visited November 2012
Tucson
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love each and every show we see!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We attend this wonderful show at least once each year, and have been there many times. The show always is a little different and gets better each time. The guest magician, John Shryock, was a nice contrast, and was amazing. Sarlott and Eyed can't be beat though for entertainment. Apprpriate for all ages of those who love magic. (Not for little ones who can't understand the concepts though) Although we've seen these performances several times, we still can't figure out the illusions - but we've stopped trying and just enjoy the fun of it all. It's a must see!

1 Thank stevef820

Been to Carnival of Illusion? Share your experiences!