“I just love the Hub” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of HUB Restaurant & Ice Creamery

HUB Restaurant & Ice Creamery
Reserve with OpenTable
HUB Restaurant & Ice Creamery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,971 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 5th Ave & Congress
Transit: Ronstadt Transit Center
Description: Hub offers American Classic Cuisine in a historic modern space in downtown Tucson. We feature meats, ice cream and beer. We are super kid-friendly and have something for everyone. HUB DJs play every night from 10pm til close
AZ
“I just love the Hub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Best sandwiches and ice cream in town. The only problem is that the portions are so big it's hard to save room for the ice cream. So you may have to make two trips to experience the full pleasure.

Visited November 2012

Tucson, Arizona
“Good Food, Zombies and Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

We made reservation at the Hub for 12 zombies on the night of the Tucson Zombie Walk. I explained what we were doing when I made the reservations and was told no problem...and true to her word...we were treated like royalty! All of downtown Tucson was busy with crowds everywhere. Our table was ready and we were seated immediately. Our server was friendly and provided quick and efficient service for all 12 with a smile and with 6 checks. Food was delicious; we enjoyed salads and sandwiches. We will return again. Lots on the menu we want to sample.

• Visited October 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“Volcanic!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've been to the Hub 3 times now and I really like it. I would like it more if it wasn't so far away (from me), Oh well. Had the Shrimp & Grits last time and WoW, they were Volcanic HOT! but great. The Grits were smooth and cool and gave me xtra (Thank God!) Great Bartender. I recommend it highly. In 2029, when the city completes the light rail, it will be even easier to get to.
Seriously, they built the cross country railway faster than this boondogle!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Albuquerque, NM
“Wow! Really great food at the HUB”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

This restaurant has a really wonderful atmosphere and great food. We also sampled ice creams, and they were among the best we've ever tasted. They are associated with The Playground next door. I have always maintained that I don't like pastrami; this restaurant has made a pastrami fan out of me!

Visited January 2013
Arizona
“Great comfort food, drinks and dessert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

~ My kids love the extra long hot dogs and big booths. The wait staff is extremely friendly and speaks directly with the children. There are not many places downtown to brave with 4 hungry children. If you find yourself in this situation, this is the place to go.
~ The bar is superb and the bar staff was accommodating when a few of us decided we were hungry long after the kitchen closed. They prepared a wonderful cheese plate for us.
~ On the rare occasion that I find myself downtown at a mealtime, this is my first choice of where to eat. I am a sucker for their corned beef.
~ Their homemade ice creams and sorbets. Good luck choosing just one. I recommend getting a few to share with a group.
~ Recently I went to Congress for the bloody mary bar afterwards I went here for brunch then stopped by some of the nearby galleries. It makes for a wonderful Sunday morning.

• Visited April 2012