“Great food with Lots of Choices for Everyone”
Review of Pita Jungle

Pita Jungle
Ranked #192 of 1,991 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pita Jungle "The Art of Eating Healthy"(R) is one of Arizona's most original restaurants. The menu is based on offering a healthful and natural cuisine abounding with vegetarian and vegan options, crafted within the principles of the Mediterranean diet, and using only the freshest ingredients. The menu includes salads, seafood, seasonal specials, pitas, pizzas, healthy burgers as well as a healthy kids menu. Pita Jungle is also a healthy option for your Catering events. Open daily for lunch, dinner, Happy Hour and Reverse Happy hour.
Dunlap, Tennessee
“Great food with Lots of Choices for Everyone”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Joined my family there recently while in town for my niece's college graduation. We all had different preferences, low fat, vegetarian, vegan, and diabetic. The menu is so varied everyone found something great to eat. I loved the hummus and flatbread pizza. The desert eaters enjoyed the rice pudding and carrot cake so much we took cake to go. The casual atmosphere allowed us to sit, and enjoy our food while we caught up with each other. Only complaint was our wait staff kept forgetting us but I had the sense that was not the norm.

• Visited May 2013

“It's a Jungle Out There- A Pita Jungle That is....”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This restaurant was an absolute delight. Great location, wonderful and accommodating staff, and an excellent menu to appeal to all palates. On top of all that - the prices are a diner's dream. We had 1 Vegan in the group, 1 low carber, 1 low-fater, and 1 pre-diabetic. Now where do you find a menu to take care of all of the above diets? Well, The Pita Jungle fit the bill and came highly recommended by a Tucson resident with a good eye for both taste and value. The menu is healthy Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Greek and Lebanese cuisine. The portions are very generous and you do not feel guilty eating your entree because -- not only is it healthy for you----it tastes really good too. We highly recommend this restaurant. The clientele is a diverse mix of people. We ate out on the patio in a very pleasant atmosphere.

• Visited May 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Vegetarian delite!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have loved Pita Jungle since my Phoenix days. Back then, the place was quite bohemian. Not in Tucson, that's for sure! Nice decor, very modern looking. I am sure this decorating appeals more to the masses. I so enjoy their Mediterranean platter, that it is hard for me to order anything else. Sigh. For under $10 bucks a HUGE plate of food. I must admit, the last 2 times, I disliked their grape leaves, and there was no feta cheese on my last platter. But, I eat and eat and enjoy and take home leftovers. The menu is very diverse and there is something for everyone, no matter what their dining tastes are. Service is usually great. This last dinner, we took advantage of the happy hour - all wines $5 a glass, house margarita only $3.

• Visited March 2013
Anchorage, Alaska
“Not exactly Mediterranean”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were hoping for a larger selection, but it was good. We liked the interior! We had a good server and enjoyed people watching.

Visited February 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“If you love hummus....”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Then this is the place to go. The hummus appetizer was fantastic, served with fresh pita's and tomatoes/cucumber garnishes. Entrees were eclectic offering everyone something, from a great salmon salad, to chicken parmesean to a very unusual but tasty burger (the only one on the menu). The side potatoes were tasty and highly with a collection of spices and pepers mixed in. Service was iffy but that was more specific to our waitress and not necessarily indicative of the restaraunt.

• Visited February 2013