“Best Tamales Ever”

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Tucson, Arizona
“Best Tamales Ever”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Warning--once you try Tucson Tamales, you'll be spoiled for any others. They have about 20 different kinds--there's something for everyone including vegans. We buy them frozen and keep them for easy meals at home, or pack them in our luggage and take them as gifts when we visit family. Hint: if you're heating up more than one kind, write the variety on the husks with a marker. Once they're out of the bags, they all look alike :)

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Marlys S

Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So good!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I were looking for an "authentic" Tucson place to eat, and came here based on all the great reviews. We were not disappointed! We actually liked the food so much that we bought a few frozen ones to take home and eat later. Boyfriend got the Sonora and I had the Jojo and Santa Fe, all of them were delicious. Quick service, great food, and a clean interior...plus a good beer selection. Two tamales each & a side, plus two huge "bomber" beers was only $30 altogether. Not bad a bad deal to feed two people and get drinks! What more could you want?

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank MaryLeigh206
Mounds, Oklahoma
“Gen Trip”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This by far is the best tamale I have eaten in a long time. They have a large list to chose from pinto beans to guacamole an chips. The service was very friendly with beers and Mexican coke. They have several kinds of salsas to chose from I tried them all .

• Visited November 2013
“Great tamale”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I am mexican I have eaten tamales all my life pretty much. I never thought they would have a joint like this in the USA. I like the fact that they have sweet and salty tamales. A huge choice variety list and every single one of them tastes sensational. It is great that you can take them frozen if you like and makes a really good fast food like meal with a homemade flavour.
One of a kind!

• Visited September 2013
Arlington, MA
“Fun place”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is not fancy -- you order at the counter and get your drink out of a cooler -- but it is quite wonderful. I had a tamale and a side (good pinto beans) and shared a basket of chips with guacamole. The service is very friendly and helpful, and they have regional beers and Mexican coke (sugar, not corn syrup). They also have both vegetarian and vegan tamales and a gluten-free beer, so it works for anyone. I was offered a choice of four salsas and got the medium, which was green and delicious.
There's a back patio, and I recommend sitting there.

• Visited November 2013