“Farmer's market tamales to go” 4 of 5 stars

Tucson Tamale Company
Ranked #4 of 1,914 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Tucson, Arizona
“Farmer's market tamales to go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We passed the actual business many times but it was so much easier to pick them up at the Farmer's Market on Sundays. They have a nice assortment and they are very filling. We liked all of them that we tried.

Visited March 2013
Laura A, Public Relations Manager at Tucson Tamale Company, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
We love being at the farmers markets. Thanks for your review!

Cane Garden Bay, null, US Virgin Islands
“Rude!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Meagan answered my call at the restaurant when I called to inquire about an order I placed. She was soooo rude. I canceled my order because I didn't want to have to speak to her again. Yelp speaks of a rude person at the restaurant and I assume it is her. Get rid of her! yuck.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank puma99cat
Thank you very much for your review. We are very sorry. This is not the kind of service or experience we hope to give our guests. Reviews like yours help us improve. Thank you.
Tucson
“The best tamales I have in 21 yrs in Tucson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I know why this restaurant is the top rated Mexican restaurant in Tucson. The tamales are superb..The only time I have had tamales this good is when they are homemade... Lots of tamales to choose from chicken,pork and veggie... I think the green corn are the best. Service is good and staff is friendly... I'll be back...You can also buy frozen tamales to take home...Very good prices...

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Marba1949
Thank you for your review!
Rochester, New York
“Best Tamale I have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Being a big Trip Advisor fan we looked up the top place to eat in Tucson on our May visit and was surprised to see that between all those huge resorts and 5 star restaurants that the "Tucson Tamale Company" was voted number one so we had to give it a try!

Tiny little place with great art, décor, friendly helpful staff and great tamales!

My tamale was so big and stuffed with so much meat that one was the perfect amount for a nice meal for me!

Had a local beer and ate on the outside patio.

Everything was so good we gave it one more try on our way out of town and it was just as good as the last visit

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank mcmomny
Laura A, Public Relations Manager at Tucson Tamale Company, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for giving us a try on your visit to Tucson! Glad you got to sample some local beer as well. :)
Martinez, California
“Can that really go in a Tamale”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Great fresh tamales, eat inside or on the patio. The menu is great to eat off of, but go to the refrigerated and frozen tamales, Chicken pot pie; red, white and blue for the holiday; dogmale for the hot dog lover; Paella and little Italy. They also have a wonderful vegetarian and vegan tamale menu. Every time we're in Tucson we stop in for lunch and have mail order frozen tamales sent all year.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Wow, flattering review! Thanks for enjoying us all the way over in Martinez, CA!

Been to Tucson Tamale Company? Share your experiences!