“If you like Tamales - this is the go to place in Tucson”

Tucson Tamale Company
Ranked #8 of 1,990 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Auburn, WA
“If you like Tamales - this is the go to place in Tucson”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Tucson Tamale Company has been on my list to check out for a couple of years, since I heard about it on Diners, Drive ins and Dives. Its in a strip mall. During this trip to Tucson we were accompanied by 4 Mexican food fanatics so we had lunch there. I have to admit, that being a Hawaii girl, I really don't have a lot of tamale creds. What I do know is the my 4 companions raved and raved and raved, about the size and quality of the tamales. I can tell you that my chicken tamale was wonderful. The restaurant has about 30 tamales to choose from and you are sure to find one that suits you. We had our lunch on the small patio out back which was cool and cozy. The people working at this place are kind and enthusiastic. The prices are very reasonable for the amount and quality of food you receive. If you are a tamale-holic, then you are sure to be pleased.

Mississippi
“Fantastico!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is a small place, but they really turn out the tamales! Tamales are made to order with different masa dough and fillings, and there are various sides also. My favorite was the Sonora with roasted chicken, but there are many choices.

Visited February 2013
Zimmerman, Minnesota
“Addicting!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I love the range of tamales... "Delhi" was delicious and unexpected! Very moist; these just fall right outta the corn husk... a great dinner after hiking in the parks on the east side. I wish they had a branch near Oro Valley!

Ithaca, NY
“Delicious, relaxed, casual and inexpensive”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The title just about says it all. The tamales were great and the staff was very helpful in describing the varieties. Our 2 orders were delivered to our table very quickly after we ordered and paid at the register.

Ithaca, New York
“So good, ate there twice in one trip”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were in Tucson for a week and went to this place. The tamales were SO delicious, & fresh that we went there for dinner and had to go back the next day for lunch. They have a number of different types of tamales, even vegetarian & vegan. I had the vegan style and it was so tasty I couldn't believe it. My mate tried 3 different styles with meat and couldn't decide which was best because they were all so good. I wish we had this place where we live, we'd be regulars. The side orders were very good as well. We had black beans, a bit spicy and very tasty. We also had the new hot rice (as opposed to cold) which was great, and a side order of chips and guac, good too! Can't say enough about the excellent taste & quality of this food. The staff was friendly and helpful, we liked the cozy & funky feel of the place. It was clean and comfortable. Interesting Mexican art on the wall, and the price was reasonable. You have to try it!