“Great selection with friendly workers”

Bookman's Entertainment Exchange
Ranked #11 of 133 Shopping in Tucson
Reviewed May 28, 2013

They have lots of books and video games. Friendly staff always willing to help. Lots of fun roaming the huge selection of used books

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We love Tucson, and every time we visit, we make sure to stop at Bookman's. Our 11 year old is in love with TS Eliot, and scored a collection of all his works for only $12 plus her 10% off for the Kid's Club discount. We found DvD's, books, jewelry, and a reusable cup sporting the Bookman's Logo. I love this place!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I've been hitting Bookman's every time I come to Tucson for twenty-five years. Their rare and hard to find section isn't what it used to be (it used to be a separate room with two or three thousand titles, and now its a single bookcase), but their hardcover fiction section draws me in every time, and I don't believe I've ever left without buying. Excellent source for first editions under $10!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This place is always a must stop when I'm in Tucson. There are 3 locations in town and I try to hit them all. The location on Speedway is the newest and probably the most modern. You can find some great deals on books (especially older ones). Newer books are usually 1/2 the price of retail. DVDs and BLU-Rays are also for sale, but don't expect a great deal on newer releases. You can find them cheaper on Ebay, but you can get them immediately at Bookmans. Video games for ALL systems are also available and deal can be found if you're lucky. It's a great way to just relax and spend a couple of hours!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Visited the Grant location.
New to this location, but Bookman's is always great. Besides a well-organized selection of books, this location has a large music department, including guitars (be careful to know exactly what you want as returns can be difficult) and gifts and glassware as well. There is even an electric car-charging connection. Plently of off-street parking and nice clean unisex/family restrooms. Lots of little hide-away places to sit and thumb through your choices or just wait for someone else when you are finished.
The stacks are well organized and the titles are current. A good selection of education required reading, as his location is nor far from the University.
Pleasant staff willing to help one find anything and accept your used books or media to sell. If you are looking for an old title or something that been out of print, the chances of finding it are are less than even. Sometimes you score and sometimes you don't. That's what fun about Bookman's, one never knows what treasure is sitting there waiting just for them!
The prices aren't as low as a normal used book store. I paid $7 for a book with a Costco sticker still attached that had sold there for $7.99. It looked unread, but that seemed high to me.