“Average in all regards”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of 47 Scott

47 Scott
Reserve with OpenTable
47 Scott is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 1,976 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Average in all regards”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Poor seating service - we're on a date, well dressed, plenty of tables opened and the greeter/sitter puts us at the bar with a couple of single guys. Totally gross. The ahi tuna was blackened to the point of scalding your lips, the hamburger was above average. The only positive was at least the prices weren't too bad. Average in all regards. I won't go back.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Robert A

Tucson, Arizona
“You relax from the moment you walk in...”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere in this place is perfect from the moment you step in. Very soft lighting and music just loud enough... Service is spectacular. And the food...oh, the food. It's getting hard to pick from all of the downtown eateries, but this one is definitely in the top five (they're all so good!)... Go for the steak frites and tomato basil. Joy!!!

• Visited August 2013
“Fundamentally horrible”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have heard of 47 Scott from dozens of couples and always with great things to say. Additionally, many of the reviews online are positive, so we didnt hesitate when date night came up and my wife suggested it. We called for a reservation for 7 and were told there was no availability. Let down, we resigned to trying it another night. We parked near 47 Scott and started to head to another restaurant when my wife suggested we walk in and just see if someone had not shown. We stepped in and the place was empty at 7 on a Friday night. Unless everyone that had reservations conspired to not show at the same time, the hostess I had originally spoken to had no clue how to work a reservations list. Undaunted, we were excited to get a shot at this place and took our seats. The interior was relatively cramped, sparse and our table was dirty. The waitress we had was pleasant enough, but she didnt seem overly concerned about taking care of us. We ordered and settled in with our drinks. The beer list is exceptionally limited - 2 - and my wife found no scotch offerings. The food arrived quite a bit later and again we were immediately let down. Im not one for sending back food, but I should have. My steak was extremely over cooked (well done and I ordered medium) and covered in butter. I would liken it to a truck stop steak at best - which has its place, but not at this price point! My wife had the salmon and it was also over cooked. Not light and flaky at all. Beyond the food was the finishes. The silverware was like something out of my junk drawer at home. Not at all something you should see in a high dollar establishment. The knife I was given to cut my steak was wooden handled (falling apart) and dull. This all sounds a little qweepy, but its an expensive restaurant - these details should be worked out. Im possibly spoiled as I have had the fortune of eating in some truly amazing restaurants around the world - this is not one of them. I very much wanted to like this place as the reputation and location were what I was looking for. My wife and I will absolutely not give it another shot. Too many of the things I listed are in my mind, systemic and indicative of poor management. It could have been an off night for the chef, but thats also unfortunate as really great food would have given me cause to overlook the other failures. I hate to give bad reviews, but 47 Scott definitely earned it for me and I will not hesitate to caution others about going there.

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank Adam H
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Food in cozy atmosphere”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The food here is great--a little artsy, but sure to please anyone. It is fairly small so a reservation is recommended. The attached bar, known for their exotic drinks, offers the drinks in the restaurant also. There is also an outside courtyard in back.

Visited May 2013
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Cute place with a simple menu”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I decided to try this place because it was close to the Tucson Music Hall. Thought we would stop in for a little lunch before heading to TMH to see Wicked. So glad we tried this place. We sat outside, had a little appetizer along with their tomato soup and kale salad. It was plenty and was very good.

Next time I plan on bringing my husband :)

• Visited April 2013