“Great, cool vibe, delicious food, great service”

Downtown Kitchen & Cocktails
Reserve with OpenTable
Downtown Kitchen & Cocktails is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,994 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: BROADWAY + 6TH AVE
Transit: If you are arriving on the public bus system you can stop at the Rondstat Center downtown and walk 1 1/2 blocks south on 6th Ave. to 135 S. 6th ave.
Orlando, Florida
“Great, cool vibe, delicious food, great service”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

What a great restaurant, it's has a downtown vibe of a much larger city, and it is a cool people watching atmosphere. The food was excellent, the calamari was in a unique mango, ginger sauce, and it was oh so good. I had the mahi in a lemongrass coconut sauce, my husband had the cioppino. Excellent both. There was no beef on the menu which disappointed hubby but other than that, no complaints.

1 Thank Bonnie C

Marina del Rey, California
“Great Cocktails & Fish Tacos”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Not usually a fan of Janos' places but love the building and the location. The Fish Tacos were near perfect. The Mole french Fries were not...just a mess of soggy fries with lumps of pork...not a fan. The night we were there a private group nearly took the whole place over...very loud and a bit annoying. All in all we will be back.....My wife loves the Cuban Sunset cocktail and so did our friend. The ceviche was also excellent!

Boulder City, Nevada
“Best place in Tucson!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We went here after round of golf so late lunch was our goal. This place was fantastic - food, service & atmosphere!! Had cocktail special of the day which was quite unique and the calamari & the fish taco appetizers! We tried their special ice cream sundae which capped off an awesome experience!!

1 Thank PBBlair
AZ
“Great food, service”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is the latest entry by Janos in the Tucson area. Located in the old Barrio Grill space, this restaurant offers vegan entries to pork cheeks. Everything is delicious and the service and space are delightful. The place is renowned for its cocktails but I was there for lunch and didn't try one. Best, the place has its own parking and outdoor seating. Perfect for before a downtown performance or a business lunch.

1 Thank BuffCrone
Tucson, Arizona
“Pleasant Upscale Dining Exoerience”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had a friend visiting from Chicago and were looking for something a little special. Well we found it. Being from Chicago this restaurant reminds me of numerous Chicago eateries especially those in the River North and Randolph Street areas. Clever entrees, properly prepared and plated. Our friend had the salmon, my wife had the shrimp special and I had the braised beef rib. I always judge a restaurant on how they braise meat and this was as good as it gets. Our friend had the salmon and while I did not sample it I will take her word for it that it was good. My wifes blackened shrimp was good but the grits were a miss. Too dry for me.
Service was great! Lots of team effort on the part of the front of the house to take care of the guests whether they were theirs or not. A nice experience all in all.

1 Thank gastrnome