“Good place to eat”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Good place to eat”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

With the Taste of Texas you can't go wrong. We usually take guests here and they really like the place. Most items you can get the lite menu which is less meat. The value is very good. I tried their new cheese steak salad, and it was delicious. Glad our server recommended this. They have a seperate bar/lounge area that seems packed during Sunday football season. Try it!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank hondo49r

“Best steakhouse in the Tucson area!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Taste of Texas offers a local treasure for steak lovers. Excellent menu covers a broad range of choices to please any palate. Good salads and choices for sides. The wait staff can't be beat. Fast, friendly service and it's good to know you are supporting a local establishment that beats any chain.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank 2coastal
“Now THAT'S a steak”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had one of the best rib eyes ever here. The meat is lightly seasoned, cooked exactly right, and it's tender and delicious. There are sides to select from. I chose the baked potato and caesar salad, which was also one of the best I have had. The service was flawless, the decor appropriate and fun. It's competitively priced as well.
Thanks, Colt!

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank flylowguy
“Avoid this place”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

There is nothing Texan about this place! I've had better prime rib at coco's.

The service was very slow and it was not even busy.

The steaks were dry and tough. Way overpriced for the poor quality of food.

We will never go back and waste our money. Makes me miss home (Texas) even more.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Kim P
Iowa
“Our steaks were great”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Four of us ventured into Colt's, two of us had heard some good reviews from fellow travelers.

Since it is a steakhouse, we all had steaks, and everybody chose a different steak, and everybody likes their steak done different than everybody else (we are a motley crew). We each enjoyed our steaks a great deal. I don't remember what side dishes we had, but none of us had complaints, which is notable itself. But, the main point was our steak anyway, my New York Strip was just how I like it, the Prime Rib satisfied that person, she ate the leftover prime rib the next two breakfasts! The other two enjoyed their steaks also, whatever they got, I don't remember. I know none of us felt the need to hide the flavor of the steak with sauces!

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank traveler_from_Iowa

Been to Colt's Taste of Texas Steakhouse? Share your experiences!