“Best steakhouse in the Tucson area!”

Colt's Taste of Texas Steakhouse
Ranked #411 of 2,050 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Taste of Texas offers a local treasure for steak lovers. Excellent menu covers a broad range of choices to please any palate. Good salads and choices for sides. The wait staff can't be beat. Fast, friendly service and it's good to know you are supporting a local establishment that beats any chain.

3  Thank 2coastal

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had one of the best rib eyes ever here. The meat is lightly seasoned, cooked exactly right, and it's tender and delicious. There are sides to select from. I chose the baked potato and caesar salad, which was also one of the best I have had. The service was flawless, the decor appropriate and fun. It's competitively priced as well.
Thanks, Colt!

3  Thank flylowguy
Reviewed March 24, 2013

There is nothing Texan about this place! I've had better prime rib at coco's.

The service was very slow and it was not even busy.

The steaks were dry and tough. Way overpriced for the poor quality of food.

We will never go back and waste our money. Makes me miss home (Texas) even more.

1  Thank kimpY7604OE
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Four of us ventured into Colt's, two of us had heard some good reviews from fellow travelers.

Since it is a steakhouse, we all had steaks, and everybody chose a different steak, and everybody likes their steak done different than everybody else (we are a motley crew). We each enjoyed our steaks a great deal. I don't remember what side dishes we had, but none of us had complaints, which is notable itself. But, the main point was our steak anyway, my New York Strip was just how I like it, the Prime Rib satisfied that person, she ate the leftover prime rib the next two breakfasts! The other two enjoyed their steaks also, whatever they got, I don't remember. I know none of us felt the need to hide the flavor of the steak with sauces!

3  Thank traveler_from_Iowa
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Our experience may not have been representative; a brisket sandwich, house salad, western beans, steak fries and a hamburger. Many more full meals available. The brisket sandwich was o.k., but not much flavor, the beans were very good and tastely; the house salad was a pile of iceberg lettuce with one slice of tomato the size of a half-dollar, two raw onion rings sightly larger, and a very light sprinkling of cheese. The hamburger was good. Worth a try for one of the full meals on the menu.

2  Thank tsainta