“A Southern Arizona Must See With Something For Everyone!”

Museum of the Horse Soldier
Ranked #23 of 288 things to do in Tucson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Incorporated in 2013, Museum of the Horse Soldier is one of a few museums dedicated to preserving the history of the U.S. Military’s mounted services. Visitors to The Museum can explore the history of U.S. horse soldiers and their roles in times of peace and conflict during the 18th – 21st centuries. The Museum of the Horse Soldier offers a unique opportunity to discover and explore military history through informative and engaging exhibits, featuring many rare and one-of-a-kind artifacts.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Phoenix
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Southern Arizona Must See With Something For Everyone!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This museum is not little by any means! In fact it's a grand scale collection that is not only pleasing to see, but delightful to learn about. For a new museum that's only a year old we were overly impressed with how knowledgeable the Museum staff was and how well they were with all group sizes and ages. My family was here this last weekend and we were amazed by the number of people who the staff were able to interact with simultaneously. For a fraction of what other "museums" and attractions cost these days we had a personalized experience that was fun for the entire family. I think I easily speak for the rest of my family when I say that we will be back here every time we come through Tucson.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank AZTraveler85

Victoria, British Columbia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A gem of a museum !”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This little museum is relatively new but already proves it deserves a lot more coverage in Tucson tourist guides than it presently is given. The exhibits are extremely well presented without suffering from the overkill of labelling often found in other museums.( i.e. its a visual experience rather than a reading one !) The extremely knowledgeable staff ensure that an explanation is readily available when needed. No question remains unanswered ! The enthusiasm of the guide showing me around certainly inspired me to want to know more about what I saw and determined to make a return visit as well as encourage others to visit , which is surely what all museums should aim for.
Thoroughly recommended.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Hardytype
La Canda Flintridge, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Must See When in Tucson”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

If you are going to be in Tucson you must see The Museum of the Horse Soldier. It is well worth the visit and its small price of admission. Rae G. Whitley, Assistant Director, took me on a personal tour of the museum and has an incredible amount of knowledged, not only of this particular era of our military, but of history itself. I learned so much about this branch of our military it was incredible. He truly knows his stuff! His assistant Casey has a special charm about her and really makes you feel welcome when you come in the door and is happy to answer any questions that you may have about the museum and displays.

The museum is relatively new and the collection and displays of uniforms, saddles, weaponry and other memoriablia of this time in our history is very well done. Just to see the art sculptures is well worth the visit. They are continuing to add to the museum to make it more informative and a place of learning.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Bob S

Been to Museum of the Horse Soldier? Share your experiences!