“2011 will be my 5th consectutive year at Elkhorn”
Review of Elkhorn Ranch

Elkhorn Ranch
Ranked #20 of 47 Specialty Lodging in Tucson
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I celebrated a special birthday here in 2007 with friends and vowed I'd return every year, if possible, to recapture the experience. The joy of riding the beautiful mountains & desert on very well trained horses stayed with me long after I returned home.I now enjoy Elkhorn with my husband who was reluctant to try the "western ranch thing". We both look forward to seeing friends made in past years & riding, of course.
p.s. We are not group travelers & do not take tours. Elkhorn is a different experience.
I can't explain it---just try it.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank CCRiderCapeCod_Ma_
There are newer reviews for Elkhorn Ranch

Reviewed October 8, 2010

We had a wonderful time! Quite setting. Good food. No kids programs per say but the kids were independent and safe. There were "real cowboys" and loved every minute of it. Great staff and guests. What a great way to get away from the "real world". We loved it and would recommend it to anyone looking for a simple, quiet getway.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2010

This is a secluded ranch with mostly repeat visitors, some visitors have been coming for three generations. You will not find a desert ranch with better service, accommodations and riding. The staff caters to all types and levels of riders and the food is plentiful and hearty. The crew is professional and safety is foremost. The MIllers are gracious hosts and we plan on making our third trip to the ranch in April. We have ridden all over Montana, Wyoming, and Arizona and consider the Elkhorn the best value in the southwest.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I started coming to Elkhorn in 1996 and have returned 12 times since. I will be there again next March for my 14th visit. When we first went, my daughters were 10 and 7. Now they are 24 and 21 and still want to return with us to Elkhorn every year. The main activity is horse back riding. The horses are very well trained and safety is always a concern of the staff. The scenery of desert and mountains is amazing. The staff is wonderful. Because the ranch accommodates a smaller number of guests, and at meals you sit at shared tables, you get to know everyone (many of whom also return year after year). We especially like no phones or televisions in the rooms. Elkhorn is not a fancy ranch, and that is why we love it!

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I had not ridden a horse in over 50 years when I first went to Elkhorn in 2008. They chose the right horse for a city slicker and I had a great week. Never felt intimidated or afraid and rode on some pretty interesting trails. We now go back each year for at least a week. The accommodations are comfortable and the food is good. The Miller family does everything to see that you have a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bleue2cv
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucson
White Stallion Ranch
Rancho de la Osa
#1 of 1 in Sasabe
Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa
Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort

Been to Elkhorn Ranch? Share your experiences!