“Great Dinner”
Review of Contigo Latin Kitchen - MOVED

Contigo Latin Kitchen
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Contigo Latin Kitchen is now open at the Westin La Paloma. Contigo respects yet redefines contemporary Latin American and Spanish cooking with pan-Latin fare incorporating flavors from Peru, Brazil, Mexico, Cuba and Spain, excellent specialty cocktails and fine wines from around the world.
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Contigo is one if those fun places we all wish was in Tucson 10 years ago. With a great atmosphere, open kitchen, and well trained and polite wait staff, this little restaurant should jump to the top of your list to try this weekend. The sangria is excellent along with their unique menu. You can't go bad. They also have a nice selection of vino!

There are newer reviews for Contigo Latin Kitchen

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We ate at Contigo last weekend. We cannot say enough good things about it. The food (latin dishes and dishes from Spain) is just amazing: fresh, prepared to order, flavorful, cultural, excellent. Service and attention to detail is stellar.

We shared the tapas/appetizer sampler which was chef's choice. Our waiter kindly explained each item; we savored each of them. Our favorites were the bomba (deep fried meat/potato 'meatball'), the tuna stuffed pepper, stuffed date, and the chili infused olives. YUM!

My husband had the deconstructed Ceasar Salad, with anchovies, and poached egg which was PERFECTLY cooked and nestled in a non-sweet pastry. Divine. I had the albondigas soup which was as far away from the Mexican style as you could likely get; it was smooth, like non-chunky stew, with amazing flavor. I highly recommend it.

For entrees, we had the black cod with corn (like hominy only WAY better) and the scallops with black beans. Each dish was presented elegantly, cooked to perfection; I've never had a fish cooked thoroughly but the most tender ever before. It's an art form to be sure.

We read other reviews, so of course, HAD to finish off with a slice (translation, slab) of the tres leches cake, which I can only say, is the most exquisitely prepared confection ever. It is light, airy, moist, not overly sweet and comes with about an inch of the creamiest whipped icing we've ever tasted.

Located at Campbell and River, it is a narrow looking establishment - but goes far back - next door to Modern Asian Kitchen and Sullivans. Skip them. GO HERE!

They are famous also for Paella and have a Tuesday special for couples that includes Paella for Two and a bottle of wine for $30 - so reasonable! Additional diners are $16 for this special on Tuesdays.

Staff is exemplary. We love that it is locally owned as we strive to patronize only local businesses whenever possible. Great drinks/nice bar. Ambience and decor are lovely. Service is gracious and professional. And of course, all hail the chefs!

We have found our new fave spot for nice, intimate, quiet, romantic and relaxing dinners!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

lots of good food including stuffed dates and many more items that change everyday so you are never disappointed

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We have eaten here in the past, but it has been some time since, so we suggested the restaurant to friends who were up for something new.

We were seated immediately, having made a reservation, and given menus and water and met our server. She took our drink orders first, and explained that the wine bottles were half price on Wednesday, so she saved us some money right from the start. She very expertly explained the specials as well as answered our questions about items on the menu and took our appetizer orders.

The appetizers were delicious. I had the cheese platter, and requested that the meat on the platter be given to my husband on a separate plate, as I am a vegetarian. The Platter was definitely large enough for my meal. Not only were there three cheeses, sliced apple, dates, marinated mushrooms, but also spicy Spanish olives and a delicious spicy honey for dipping. Everything was wonderful on the platter and my husband enjoyed the meat provided. Our friends tried the potato appetizer with a dipping sauce, the jicama salad, and the corn sliders with different filling. My husband sampled the grilled romaine salad and the corn sliders. These were corn bread like sandwiches with different fillings.

The wine selection was perfect and we enjoyed our wine, as well as the savings for the half price bottle. Deserts sounded great, but we were all too full to sample, so will consider next time.

I must repeat again that we were very impressed with our server, as she knew the menu very well, and was able to describe the dishes for our choices. She also pronounced the spanish names beautifully, reminding me it is time to start studying my Spanish tapes again.

We will definitely return to this wonderful restaurant.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We have been coming to Tucson for many years and have never tried Contigo before. We discovered the restaurant on Tripadvisor. It is Not easy to find and is near PF Changs in a commercial business center. The interior is small and quaint with about 15 tables. Certainly not 5 star fancy, but a very welcoming atmosphere. The menu options were very unique and different for this area. We have never dined anyplace like it in the Tucson. The variety of tapas were fantastic and the Paella was outstanding. The dessert choices were also delicious. If your looking for a break from the norm, this is a wonderful choice.