“Contigo vs. Vivace: It's a draw / We All Win!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Contigo Latin Kitchen - MOVED

Contigo Latin Kitchen
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, South American, Central American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Contigo Latin Kitchen is now open at the Westin La Paloma. Contigo respects yet redefines contemporary Latin American and Spanish cooking with pan-Latin fare incorporating flavors from Peru, Brazil, Mexico, Cuba and Spain, excellent specialty cocktails and fine wines from around the world.
Tucson, Arizona
“Contigo vs. Vivace: It's a draw / We All Win!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

What are the odds of two of Tuscon's finest restaurants sit just kitty corner to each other. Both very different cuisine, but at the core of the issue, very much winners. Quality ingredients, wonderful selections, exceptional service and thoughtful design drive each kitchen. My dinner ordered after 101 questions to George, our waiter, answered directly & thoughtfully. I chose a seafood stew dish from Brazil called Moqueca de Peixe. It was delicious comfort food. Our other choice was the Arepas, one pork, the other bean; don't It discount the bean, it rounds out the dish perfectly. We also had a beet & goat cheese salad that I wish, never stopped. The wine list is small & well chosen, with more than several excellent choices in the $35-40 range.
We found Contigo a bit illusive to find, until I made reservations and asked. It's on River, on the NW corner of the Campbell/River intersection, hidden by bushes from the street and overwhelmed by 2 large restaurants on each side. Turn in at P.F. Changs and head west in the lot. The sign is small. Contigo can be entered from the front or back, but there is no sign in the back.
This is not a chain, & the food was delicious! The service was perfect. Stop in, support them and help keep a fantastic dining venue in Tucson

• Visited December 2013

Tucson, Arizona
“The Best Tilapia I ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

My book club met here for dinner. Great, attentive staff without too much fussing. Great for a dinner with wonderful friends. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meal but I won the prize. I ordered the Pescado en Escabeche, which was a very generous portion of well seasoned tilapia on a banana leaf, with squash. I had enough to share with everyone. I do have to say this was the best tilapia I every had.

• Visited August 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“A nice place to have dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We have been to Contigo three or 4 times and we like the food. It is imaginative and tasty.

The dishes we had that night were delicious.

• Visited July 2013
“!Muy Bueno!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went there on my best friends advice and were really impressed with the service,food and the drinks.
the had a special promotion for St Fermins day and were making all the paella you could eat for 25$. We tried them all, seafood,chicken and vegetables.
Staff was very friendly and the food kept coming. We will try this place for dinner at some other time. Great Latin food menu and drinks.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mr Vin H
Tucson
“Friday Nite Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We went out with four other friends, and we all had an excellent meal. Our friend had the pork chop, and he said he would definitely go back again. My husband and I shared an arepa, and I wish I could have had more. My husband ordered the criollo with pork and a fried egg. Had a little spice to it, and the favors were great. I had the shrimp ceviche. It was good, but just a little too tart with lime juice if you ate it by itself. But if you put it on top of the plantain chips, then it cut the tartness and tasted good. The atmosphere and service were good.. It is nice to go to a smaller and more intimate restaurant with quality food.

• Visited June 2013