“I felt like I was back in Spain”
Review of Contigo Latin Kitchen - MOVED

Contigo Latin Kitchen
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Contigo Latin Kitchen is now open at the Westin La Paloma. Contigo respects yet redefines contemporary Latin American and Spanish cooking with pan-Latin fare incorporating flavors from Peru, Brazil, Mexico, Cuba and Spain, excellent specialty cocktails and fine wines from around the world.
Hartland, Wisconsin
“I felt like I was back in Spain”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This classy restaurant is easy to overlook, because it's long and narrow and has a small entrance. But it's worth hunting for. They serve tapas, entrees and special dishes. Our food was all excellent. We started with two tapas - stuffed dates and marinated mushrooms, both very good. My companion had gazpacho with shrimp and avocado which she enjoyed. I had the braised short rib tacos which were excellent - very rich and flavorful. (The last word of the name is Latina, and it's on River Road. Both are misspelled above.)

• Visited March 2013

Bozeman, Montana
“Great food and service at reasonable prices”
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I and a friend had dinner at Contigo recently. When we arrived we were quickly struck by the friendly service and pleasant ambience. The menu offered a number of familiar tapas selections but also an exciting list of interesting new dishes to try. I especially appreciated the nice selection of wines that were available by the glass, and with the servers help found one that I really enjoyed with the meal.

The food was flavorful and nicely presented. A new dish for me was a quinoa stuffed poblano chile with walnut sauce, fried plantains and black beans. It was great!

We have added Contigo to our list of favorite restaurants in Tucson. If you enjoy tapas and Latin food, try Contigo. You will not be disappointed.

Tucson
“Lively Bistro Excellent Cuisine”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We four very much enjoyed our birthday dinners at Contigo last evening, January 25, 2013. This is a Latin American menu, not Mexican, and a very welcome addition to the Tucson restaurant scene. The Pisco Sour and Mojito cocktails were a perfect combination of flavors and most refreshing. These two cocktails can be cloyingly sweet but this was not the case at all. The tacos de pato (Duck) were delightful. The clementine salsa was a perfect compliment to the duck - sort of a Latin take on duck a la orange- and the cabbage was a pleasant alternative to the usual shredded lettuce that is more commonly found and generally expected in tacos. The sauced short ribs were melt iin your mouth excellent and we all commented on how crispy delicious the accompanying fries were. And then churros and tres leches cake for dessert . . . a perfect ending to a glorious dinner. The menu selections were original and interestinly varied. Very nice bar area. he decor is tastefully muted and refined. Pricing was very fair. Every individual associated with the business was pleasant, polite, and accommodating.

My one suggestion would be to enlarge the type on the menu and perhaps place some sort of lighting on the tables. We all found the menu difficult to read, even with our glasses. Due to the many hard surfaces, which causes an elevated noise level, I would not recommend this restaurant for intimate dining. We look forward to many return visits.

• Visited January 2013
Nelson, New Zealand
“Mexican food”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This restaurant provided us with a good choice of authentic Mexican food.
We liked the pleasant outdoor area in the evening and the live music.

Visited October 2012
upstate NY
“Very interesting”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Contigo is an unusual, interesting, restaurant. The food is "Latin American". If it were not for the very friendly waiter's explanations, we would not have understood much of the menu. The food was reasonably priced and quite good. So was the wine.

• Visited October 2012