“Outstanding Place - Try it!” 5 of 5 stars

It's Greek to Me
Ranked #24 of 1,903 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Daytime Deli and Dinnertime Dining! The best house made deli meats available all day. Smoked Pastrami, Corned Beef, Lamb, Roast Beef and Turkey fresh roasted in house with the finest hormone and preservative meats. Imported cured meats and delicious cheeses. Deli sandwiches and part trays! Lunch menu from 11AM to 3PM. As always, our award winning dinners made from fresh ingredients are available after 4 PM.
Basel, Switzerland
“Outstanding Place - Try it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Located in Catalina AZ, just follow AZ 77 N toward Oracle and stop at the first sign of life in Catalina. What a blessing to find this place in the middle of nowhere. The chef is the owner and he is one funny and friendly guy. I think his family helps runs the place and we have been there 3 times in the past month. I tried the Gyro plate the first time and brought home half of it. My husband loves the hummus and home-made yogurt tzatziki sauce. He eats the vegetarian menu items and I eat the meat dishes! We always order the greek salad without the feta and have had the house red wine and never left hungry or upset about the service. Outstanding! Love the atmosphere there and the paintings on the walls are works of art. I know this sounds cheeky but Kudos for this place that will become our regular place when we're hungry, want great service and food for outstanding prices. Well Done!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank MuppetExpat

Tucson, Arizona
“You'd think you were in Greece...George is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Food is super tasty...George uses great suppliers for super fresh supplies. Everyone we eat with here always raves about their meal and swears whatever they had is the best meal on the menu or fresh specials! Food and atmosphere are very authentic even though you will see the locals in their jeans and cowboy hats. Love going here because everything is lays good...I'm a bit of a picky eater and always have plenty to choose from. No stairs or multiple-floors and large bathroom make it easy access. Have some wine...the servers will sample you a couple if you are not sure what you want.. And be sure to save room for the honey cake...it is fabulous and often hot out of he oven ( it doesn't hurt to order it when you order main dish so thy don't run out!). North of central Tucson up past Oro Valley in Catalina across parking lot from The Golden Goose thrift shop on Oracle Rd. sits back from main highway in strip mall...you ay think you re in the wrong area for great Greek food when you drive up, but you won't think so when you leave!

1 Thank BeachdaddyTucson
tucson
“Santorino can wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

For an authentic Greek food experience, travel no further than this gem tucked away in Catalina,AZ. The food is consistently excellent; the servers friendly and efficient.
Last night, we had delightful early evening meal. George, the owner, treated us to an appetizer plate of house made tzatziki and hummus served with warm pita bread. The fresh fish, mahi mahi,was grilled to perfection. The lamb shank, a must have, was yummy as always. The fourth entree, a large rib-eye steak was also grilled just right.
Although we were on our way to an early movie and couldn't linger over dessert, the four of us know we will be back to enjoy this little piece of the Greek Isles in the desert.

1 Thank Arizona2togo
Clearwater
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were driving by Catalina, AZ on the way to Tuscon and I was craving something fresh and nutritious after a long drive. So I googled restaurants in the area, and a small greek restaurant looked appealing to me. I'm happy we picked that one! The food was extremely fresh and authentically Mediterranean! The waitress was superfriendly and even offered us a small extra hoummus platter on the house, while we were waiting for our food! Prices were very reasonable too, and we enjoyed sitting in this small family owned place chatting with the very friendly and talkative owner. I would warmly recommend this place to those who love or want to try out Mediterranean diet!!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Maria B
Tucson, Arizona
“Ompa!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

As military officer who has worked in Greece for many years this place for a blessing to find. I have been to several Greek places in Tucson and left very disappointed.

Not here! George made the visit and dining a pleasurable experience! I felt as if I was sitting back at my favorite place near my Greek home.

You can't go wrong here except being in a rush...sit back and enjoy.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Rick K

Been to It's Greek to Me? Share your experiences!