“Excellent unpretentious pizza”

Dry River Co.
Ranked #726 of 2,014 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Dry River Company is a neighborhood pizza place in Tucson's Eastside. We specialize in wood-fired pizza and hand made pasta. We make everything on premise - the dough, sauces, mozzarella and pasta. We have a full bar, weekly wine and beer tastings and specials daily. On Friday and Saturday nights we feature live music after 8:30 pm.Stop by and try some of the finest pizza Tucson has to offer.
Reviewed December 29, 2010

No frills, but good food at good prices. Very nice selection of beer at the bar. Good to bring the kids. Great if you like thin crust pizza.

There are newer reviews for Dry River Co.

Reviewed October 14, 2010

I've been craving thin crust pizza for a while and since I don't eat much pizza I really hoped it would be good. It was excellent. I shared the Shrooms pizza (with crimini mushrooms) with a friend and ate more than I intended. Usually, I skip the crust but ate several slices crust and all. It is the perfect pizza--just the right amount of cheese, tomato sauce, and mushrooms all atop a very thin dough with crispy crust. I will definitely be back.

I also ordered the Caprese salad and appreciated the fresh, homemade mozzarella and the gorgeous Arizona-grown tomatoes. The basil and balsamic vinegar were just right, as well.

1  Thank KWArizona
Reviewed September 30, 2010

At the behest of some neighbors of ours, we tried a local restaurant that just opened up near our house (snowbirds from WI) only to find ourselves extremely disappointed. The Dry River Company (not a very appetizing name there) was a major disappointment in terms of ambiance and service. First off, there was a rude Asian man in his 40s who rolled his eyes at us when we asked questions about the menu. When I commented on his behavior, he denied he was being rude then said to come back when we'd made up our minds. We would've let except there was a sweet girl who quickly made us feel welcomed. She answered all our questions then took our orders and very kindly took us to our table. To be fair, the food was surprisingly good, as well as the multi-layered cake we had for dessert. Periodically, we did see that rude man getting drunk with a slovenly dressed obese customer and commented to the girl that the owner should have that man fired for drinking on the job. She bit her lip, looked embarrassed and said that he was one of the owners and that the drunk, obese man was his partner! Well! All I can say is that if that's the way business owners conduct themselves, by getting drunk on their own inventory, be rude to customers, and let employees do all the work while they lollygag around their own restaurant, then I say that's one restaurant I won't be going to anymore. The food was wonderful but order to go as seeing the two owners drunk and boisterous in their own establishment is not a pretty sight, especially the fat one with his pants falling down! Extremely UNAPPETIZING!

5  Thank MisterTAppleton
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Went to Dry River Co. to try the pizza. It was good, but not memorable. It was also pretty expensive for lunch. My pizza was $11. I would have ranked it higher on atmosphere, but seeing the owners gut as he ground pepper for another table ruined it. It's worth a shot if you like thin crust pizza.

2  Thank Ergotron
Reviewed June 7, 2010

This place just opened and they don't have their liquor license yet, but it's definitely worth checking out. They cook pizzas in a wood fired oven from Italy- thin crispy, but tender crust, homemade mozzarella, and tasty toppings. They also have sandwiches and salads for lunch. They said they would be open for dinner after they get the liquor license. For breakfast, they have a large selection of coffees and teas, breakfast sandwiches and other pastries.

1  Thank John R

Been to Dry River Co.? Share your experiences!